Sign in to follow this  
jasoncracer

C141 help

jasoncracer

Got a nice c141. From my boss ran great earlier befor I brought it home starting surging at high idle maybe fuel pump he put on? Going bad? New points and plug. What can it be? On 3/4 to high idle? :hide:

rmaynard

Check the adjustment of your governor assembly.

jasoncracer

Bob, I opened throttle all the way turned govenor counter.clockwise.same thing? Govenor is indeed working. Carb is cleaned. Maybe air locked? Fuel pump?

rmaynard

There are various positions in which to locate the governor spring. Have you tried changing the spring position?

Edjfleming

Check the pump, also fuel filter? Good luck, see you in the morning for the B100!!

Cody

Sounds like it could be running lean, try opening the high speed needle a quarter turn and see if there is any improvement. Adjust accordingly

jasoncracer

Carb adjustment has been out of the question ha now spring location where.should I put it what setting

clyde

:WRS: i agree with cody try adj. carb :hide:

rmaynard

The book says to start with the governor spring in the 3rd hole down from the top on the arm and the second hole from the bottom on the speed control bracket.

I have all of mine set to 3rd from the top on arm, and 3rd from bottom on speed control.

If it still surges, move the spring to the next hole down on the arm. (Decrease sensitivity)