Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

1054 mower deck mounting pictures please!

JUSS10

well i was hoping to bolt on my mower deck now that i got the 1054 running and driving but i am at a loss. its a LOT more difficult to mount than the decks on my round hoods. Lane sent me a manual which is very helpful put the pictures are to grainy to see whats going on. I think i have all the parts (i have a dump trailer full of parts for it) but i would really appreciate some photos of the front and rear mounts for the deck and how they attach.

Thanks!

Justin

tunahead72

Which deck?

I don't know if I can help you, but I do have an original set of parts lists & instructions for a bunch of mowers that were available for the 1054 and other tractors of that era. It's in very good shape, the photos may be better than what you already have, and there's a good bit of text and diagrams to go along with them. I can scan anything that might be relevant and e-mail it to you.

Problem is, I'm leaving for a trip first thing in the morning, and I won't be back until very late Sunday night. But I'll check in again first thing Monday morning, if nobody else has anything better for you by then, I'll let you know what I can do.

Good luck!

JUSS10

yeah i figured out the belts. its the rear bracket I am confused on. i think i know how it goes but I'm not sure. do you use two separate bolts on the frame by the foot rests to hold that bracket in? then which of the 3 positions on the back of the deck does that bracket go in? from the manual i read that the rear bracket stays on the tractor but swing up. is the front mower bracket supposed to come off with the deck when you take the deck off? thanks

Justin

JUSS10

i was able to figure it out, sharpened the blades and cleaned all the pulleys, greased the spindles tensioned the belts. fired it up and it seems to work pretty good! thanks for the pictures you posted, they helped with a few things. now i just need the grass to grow (i mowed thursday night, maybe saturday or monday it'll be ready)

justin

tunahead72

Excellent! :hide:

But no fair encouraging the grass to grow! :WRS: