Sign in to follow this  
filewery

B-165 owner in need of help.

filewery

I got the tractor free with no brakes and the shift lever bolt sheared off, new pads and drilled and taped for a new bolt. now the drive belt keeps spining with the clutch all the way in .it will shift into gear, but I have to shut it off to get it out of gear. wrong size belt? its about 88-89 in. What's the write size? Am I missing somthing?

Actonhorse

I'm sure others will jump in as well but do you have the belt guard on?

gwest_ca

What is the long model number of your tractor? There may be some product service bulletins on it.

I think there should be two wire guides at the transmission pulley. They should be adjusted so they are 1/16"-1/8" away from a tight belt.

The belt is 1/2"x88".

Garry

filewery

the tractor is a 02-16BP01,B-165 twin 5 speed. It runs really nice and the rear exuast deck is like new. the belt feels oily and gummy, maybe it shrank? I can get an 88'' at tractor supply co. maybe an 89'' to make sure? It looks complicated to change, and prefer to do it only once. I still think I am missing somthing ? RK

gwest_ca

There are at least 10 bulletins on this model and 1 reguarding the belt guides. You can get it from the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals8/

named

WH61-90 #290 B-Series Peerless 5sd Foote 6sd Belt Guides.pdf

You should try to get an original 108427 Toro belt to eliminate the chance the belt construction is creating your problem. Most off the self belts will not work on applications that use a flat idler pulley because they are not internally designed to bend backwards resulting in a short life span.

There are instructions for belt replacement in a 1978-79 service manual you can download from Toro that should apply to your model.

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Use 92-11BP01 for a model number and the word none for a serial number.

Garry