Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Another project begins

sorekiwi

Very very nice Kelly!!

Martin

kelly, that paint looks awesome. its coming together real nice, i think the colors you chose look great together and the zinc in the pics looks a good match for the powder coat.

so, whats your daughter think of it so far?

fabricator2009

Hey daddy, when are you going to do my d200? :woohoo: Really sweet looking tractor Kelly. Awesome job.

Kelly

Wow HOT and long day, I have it wired just to start and run for now, I'll wire the charging system later, I only fired it on carb cleaner I didn't have any gas :woohoo: well I have some 110 octane race gas but it's $7.50 a gal. and I'm sure it wouldn't run right on it, but I put a brand new Kohler coil right out of the box I had here, so I didn't have to deal with cleaning and painting a coil, well the dang thing don't work!!!! if you look in the last picture you can see the ratty old coil setting there and it fired right up with that on it, dash is done, cables ect.... found a few parts that would have been nice zinc plated but they got paint, couple more nights and it should be ready, I missed ordering a few items like the muffler I want and a idler pulley for the drive belt I hope I can get them, the muffler I can deal with but I need a idler bad, and not a good one on anything here that I can pull it off from, I need to get the seat foam, I did get the seat pan blasted and painted, so much little crap left, and still trying to do a nice job, anyway here is a few pictures of the days work.

100_3792.jpg

100_3791.jpg

Terrys decals are a nice touch, don't know what I'd do with out them.

100_3793.jpg

where it sets at this point.

100_3799.jpg

rmaynard

One word...WOW

Zeek

Can you tell me what blast cabinet you got and what size air compressor you're running it with?

I'm on the fence about getting one with the single stage 60 gallon compressor I have.

Beautiful tractor!

bell

Can't wait to see it next weekend!!!! :woohoo:

whfan74

Can't wait to see it next weekend!!!! :D

You coming up Jon???? Looking forward to meeting if so!

@Kelly.............that thing looks amazing! :woohoo:

Kelly

NO MORE KIDS TRACTORS, the next one is mine to look nice, so sorry Ken.

The blast cabinet is the floor model from harbor freight, buy the dust collector, my compresor is a cheap 60 gal 5hp that is 25 years old it runs nonstop to feed the blaster.

smoreau

NO MORE KIDS TRACTORS, the next one is mine to look nice

You might think about his and hers matching tractors Kelly. Your wife needs one too. :woohoo:

Kelly

IT RUNS, and very good, I'm still POed about the new coil being junk, I blasted and painted the org, 46 year old coil, it starts very good with it so why mess with another.

I didn't work on it much at all, I had to mow my yard I havn't mowed in near 2 weeks but the rain we got a few days ago made everything grow big time, it sould be a driver tomorrow night, getting close but time is getting short.

And Scott, she has one, but don't like it, so I need to pick another, she want running boards and probably a hydro, so I have a nice Electro 12 I was going to sell she may get that.

sorekiwi

I have a nice Electro 12 I was going to sell she may get that.

with a pretty paint job?? :woohoo:

Kelly

It's almost to nice to repaint, even if I build her (the wife) one not sure she would ride it much, so a nice clean orig. might fit the bill, but I might get in trouble for not putting the time in to it.

perry

that must have took alot of mountain dew's :D . tractor looks great kelly. you came up with some great ideas during this build :woohoo: .

Shuboxlover

I went to see Kelly last week (BTW.....Kelly is a FANTASTIC guy :D, if you didn't know that already)...I thought I would put in my two cents about the tractor.

The pictures on here don't even come close to doing that color justice!!! That is one BAD A$$ COLOR!!!!!!!! :woohoo::D:ROTF: And that plating is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!!!! :P

And you have a VERY nice family Kelly, your wife, daughter, and son are a testament to your character!!!!!!

I wish I could have stayed longer.....next time!!! :D :D

Zeek

NO MORE KIDS TRACTORS, the next one is mine to look nice, so sorry Ken.

The blast cabinet is the floor model from harbor freight, buy the dust collector, my compresor is a cheap 60 gal 5hp that is 25 years old it runs nonstop to feed the blaster.

Thanks!

buckrancher

SWEET :woohoo: great looking job Kelly

Brian

CasualObserver

Kelly, I really like the way the silver wheels and stainless hardware look against that metal flake! Killer! And the extra accents like the silver gas tank strap, gas cap and air cleaner are a testament to your attention to detail! Can't wait to see the final pics. :woohoo:

JimD

:woohoo:

Scrumpy

Kelly,

Wow- I love it. She is going to need a pair of shades to drive it around. Are you going with decals, pin-striping with her initials, or leaving it as is? Any one of those options would look nice with that color. :woohoo:

-Scrump-

Kelly

I want to have her name put inside the hood, with a small saying.

I'm having carb issues now, 3 carbs later and it's running ok, I pulled this carb off a good tractor, but it has set for a few years, may have to clean it tonight, I did wheel the fender and hood last night, got the idler, belt and guard on, drove it acrost the driveway, swaped coils, I need to try to finish it tonight or in the morning, glade I have thur, and fri. off.

kadetklapp

That is an amazing tractor. I can't wait to see it finished. Has she been seeing the on-going progress or is this hush-hush?

Kelly

She has been part of it from the beginning, not as much as I wanted her to be, but with the short time to build it, and her in drivers training, and cheerleader practice has been most of the summer for her, it just hasn't worked out for us to build it together.

I found the fuel problem, must have had crap in the fuel pump, it was the only part not cleaned or new, the carb had fine brown sediment in it cleaned it and runs like a champ again, I have a very short list of things to finish tomorrow on it, but for the most part it is done, drove it for about 10 min. till I ran it out of gas forgot I only put just enough in it to see if I had any leaks :woohoo: it's far from perfect, it has some bad spots in the paint, few other issues but nothing big, my wife says I'm anal and way to picky but I know how to do body work so I feel I should do a good job, but this was a bit of a rush job, 7 weeks to go from a no engine back row parts tractor to what it is now, the stuff we do for our kids, it's far from correct, wrong color, wrong seat, ect...... but for the most part it's a 857, I'm beat and I start hauling tractors to the show tomorrow so that's all for now, here is where it is now.

100_3821.jpg

100_3815.jpg

100_3823.jpg

I have about 2 hours on the steering wheel wet sanding and wheeling it, it still has a few nicks in it but looks much better than it did.

100_3809.jpg

Martin

looks really nice kelly.

dont worry about the imperfections. im sure it has nowhere as many as my 1054. i understand that as you do it as a profession it needs to be as perfect as you can do, but some how it never seems to turn out that way.

im sure your daughter is very happy with it. and what your wife says to you, i hear it all the time from mine. in fact i hear it all day at work as well and it has got me into many arguments that are hard to back down from.

when you are on time restraints it sucks, not being able to really take your time.

looking forward to seeing it in a couple days at the show.

smoreau

Very nice Kelly! :woohoo: I look forward to seeing it Friday when I get to the show. I wish I had your talent in painting. It's going to be A great weekend!