Sign in to follow this  
mkevinr63

310 DEAD!!!!

mkevinr63

Used it on Wednesday, went to get it out yesterday and it will not turn over or even make a clicking sound as if the battery were undercharged. I put the jump on it and still nothing. I did hit the starter with the charger and it jumps so I guess I'm looking at something else...any ideas? :hide:

wallfish

Sounds like you need to check all your safety switches. Seat, PTO, Clutch pedal.

WH nut

Check the Clutch and PTO, the seat only comes into play on the ignition side to kill the motor after its already running. Id check ignition switch first since that where it all start then clutch then PTO

TT

Did you check the main fuse? :hide:

mkevinr63

I see two fuses located on the right side just beneath the PTO handle, are those the two main? SO far I have not had time to get into any of the switches. No deslerdhip close by sare those parts universal? Any parts depots you know of?

TT

From memory only - which is getting cloudy.........

One fuse (10 AMP, I think) is the main.

The other is a 5AMP and is for the hour meter.

tunahead72

Kevin,

I just recently started having a similar problem on my C-105, a slightly older but similar machine to your 310. The ideas these guys have already mentioned to you are exactly what I plan to check the next time I have a chance to work on it.

In my particular case, I can make mine start by making sure the clutch pedal is pressed FIRMLY before I turn the ignition switch. You might try that, and making sure the PTO lever is fully disengaged before trying to start it. Both of those things might give you a clue.

And to be honest, I hadn't thought of checking the fuse, but even if it looks good, it could be marginal and causing an intermittent problem. It's easy enough to replace, and could solve your problem.

And clean connections as you go along. Also make sure your ground connections are clean and tight, although I'm no expert and can't tell you whether any one of them in particular would cause your problem. :hide:

Good luck!