Sign in to follow this  
galen

RL vs. RM deck

galen

Ok, new guy here. Recently acquired a 1076 from my Dad, used to mow with it when I was a kid. Well, so did my little brother who, at some point, hit something HARD. The teeth on one bevel gear are all twisted, but the gear on the spindle seems worn but not too bad. I am trying to figure wether its better to repair or completely replace the deck. First, this is tagged as an RL-366. I understand they also made an RM-366. What is the difference between the two? Second, if most all the bearings need replacing, is that a deal breaker? Third...oh yeah, the spindle that hit Plymouth Rock sheared off just above where the blade mounting bolt ends inside the shaft. (I'll bet it made a little noise!) So, I'm looking at all bearings, one spindle, one set of bevel gears, plus blades, belts etc. to go on a deck that is in fair shape at best. :hide:

PS- moved recently and when I find my camera, I'll get some pix up.

evanloock

RL deck was used on the larger HP tractors of that era with the PT PTO's that used the rod to engage them(cone PTO like the more modern WH); the RM deck was used on the smaller HP tractors with the foot operated "trip-lever" PTO. Difference between the 2 is the input pulley size on the deck.