Backroads

New to me, Wheelhorse 876 auto

Backroads

Just picked this up last week, needed some work as I was asking about in my other thread. Finally got her up and running good. Its been resprayed but all the metal is straight and pretty much rust free. I got it as a worker anyways so I wasn't overly concerned about it not being 100% original. Has the original 8hp kohler that runs like a champ. Hydrostatic rear. Rear discharge deck. I LOVE it!

I need new decals though!

Its also got those little lights up front. Would they be original?? If so is there any replacement glass for them? or something that might fit, they actually work to my amazement!

701c77c9.jpg

corn53

Wow I like it!!!! Looks really nice!!! I wonder 2 if their is a glass replacement for those lights!!! Please someone chime in!!!! :hide:

smoreau

Looks Great!!, nice find also. :hide: and I think that little one is digging it too!!! as for original , the seat is the only thing I see that's not right.:) :WRS:

Backroads

I knew the seat wasnt original but I actually like it! It doesnt look too out of place on it and its nice and comfy. My little girl loves tractors as much as I do, she actually falls asleep bouncing around on my lap while i cut the lawn!

smoreau

I knew the seat wasnt original but I actually like it! It doesnt look too out of place on it and its nice and comfy. My little girl loves tractors as much as I do, she actually falls asleep bouncing around on my lap while i cut the lawn!

That sounds great! looks just fine on your tractor and as long as you like it, just keep a good hold on that little girl, she's going to take that tractor away from you in a few years :hide:

corn53

:hide:

Cody

Great looking tractor, did you buy this off craigslist by chance in the Pa reading area? Saw one identical to it on there with headlights and all a few weeks ago.

Backroads

Thats the one! Nice guy had a bunch of tractors, not all wheelhorse but some need oldies.

Cody

Glad it went to a good home, I didnt have the extra money at the time or it would have been sitting in my barn right now. Great Score :hide: I really like the headlights.

Horse'n Around

That's a great looking tractor and i love the picture, she looks like shes bound and determined to start it and drive it off. Priceless!!!

jusjeepn

NIce tractor! Please, please, please do not mow with that little one on your lap. Take her rides around the yard but please do not run any attachment with her sitting on your lap. I recently read an article about a guy who had done this for years. Then an accident happened, the little one slipped and is no longer with us. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!

Anyone who does this should highly reconsider and really put some thought into this. How many times have you been mowing and a stray rock or stick gets picked up by the deck and is flung out only to riquochet off of something and hit you? I have had that happen many times. Please use some common sense when using your equipment!

Ken B

Very nice find. This is one model I'd like to someday own.

stevasaurus

Very nice horse...those short frame square hoods kinds grow on ya. :hide: And the little girl riddin' side saddle... :WRS:

hcminis

Very nice tractor. Have one similar but needs restored. Know what it is suppose to look like.

Agree with Pat. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT MOW WITH HER ON YOUR LAP. Saw first hand what happens and it is not pleasant....trust me that image is FOREVER etched in my brain. My kids aren't even allowed in the same part of the yard where I'm mowing.

Retired Wrencher

BackR Nice find it looks like a winner. she looks like a keeper especially with the head lights. If the decals are not bad I would leave it like it is. enjoy it . and does it have the 2 post steering wheel???? the seat u can pick up on e-bay if look hard . or find a juck tractor and have the 3 pans made up from a tin knocker. and have the seat redone. it will look like this. 1257decals007-1.jpg1257isdone002-1.jpg