Sign in to follow this  
312Hydro

The Road to Redemption

312Hydro

If you haven't fixed yer seat yet, you can use a set of the soft rubber factory bumpers that are used on the front a-arms of cars. They are usually bolted on with a single 3/8 bolt on the bottom.

These are the ones that keep metal from metal hitting when the vehicle bottoms out. I'm sure you know what I mean though...... :D

Thanks Ronnie! I'm going to look into this. :woohoo: Maybe I can get them at Autozone? 3/8 would be perfect.

312Hydro

Well done, and nice resto.

Question, How much paint did you use? I am going to be doing my Bronco this winter, and was trying to come up with how much paint I should get. My buddy (who does bodywork on the side) said that 1 quart would be fine, as after you add thinners and all that, that you will have more. I was thinking about buying 2 quarts just to be safe. I will be doing the underside of the hood & fender pan (where you used the rattle-can), so I might need a bit more then you.

Thanks, and great tractor!

I still have 8 unmixed ounces left. But, I wasn't comfortable with having to worry about the paint. I think if everything were to go perfect (and use an HVLP gun ) that you could get away with 1 quart. Why put the pressure on yourself like I did? I would much rather have 2 quarts so that if anything went wrong I could redo it. Anything left over can be saved for your attachments. What had me concerned the most was that I would mix a hardener in with the paint and it had a pot life of 1 hour. That's why I wouldn't mix a lot at one time and I always had more pieces ready to use the mixed paint on if there was extra.I actually had to throw out 2 ounces because I had nothing else small to paint and I was afraid that there wasn't enough for another coat on the hood or fender. :woohoo:

BTW I used 2 quarts of primer. I should have just bought a gallon ,it wasn't that much more.

Thanks for the compliment!

Wheel Horse Kid

Wow, that is an awesome restoration! Looks like a whole different tractor!

312Hydro

Wow, that is an awesome restoration! Looks like a whole different tractor!

Thank you, Wheel Horse Kid! it does look a little different now :woohoo: Here's a side by side that I wanted to put up.

87b29109-1.jpgWheelHorse312Hrestoration2011041.jpg

That gives a better comparison.

tbbahner

Simply Awesome!

Tom B

kadetklapp

Can't wait to see it with the new decals on it!

Wheel Horse Kid

Again, just amazing! Thanks for posting the comparison pictures!

312Hydro

Simply Awesome!

Tom B

Thanks,Tom!

Can't wait to see it with the new decals on it!

Me too! I'm just waiting a little before I talk to The Vinyl Guy .

Again, just amazing! Thanks for posting the comparison pictures!

You're welcome! I really am sorry that I let it go downhill like that. As I got farther into the resto ,I would look at the first pics and wonder how I could be so dumb :woohoo: It's all good now though,I finally have new hubcaps coming for the front. I'll post some pics when I get them.

Tankman

Very nice paint booth! Phone? Surround sound system or just wo....wo......work? :laughing-rofl:

Great work on the Stallion too!

• Like 1

312Hydro

Just realized some pics were missing. Here's what it started out as after 20 + years.

87b29109-1.jpg

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

You did a beautiful job. Looks great!!!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Yeah Rich, you really made that 312 shine again!

• Like 1