Sign in to follow this  
ArnoldZiffel

Kwik-Way Loader

ArnoldZiffel

Hey,

What are your opinions on the value (fair price) of a used Kwik-Way loader for a 522xi?

The loader was installed new on an xi and the machine has 1000 hours of use, mostly barn clean out and residential landscaping I'm told. I'm told the loader is in good mechanical condition.

The seller is converting his tractor to lawn cutting and snowblower use and is ready to sell the Kwik-Way loader.

What's the ball-park value of the loader? What does one of these Kwik-way loaders sell for new? Does it take a lot of hours to install this loader on an xi? Would it be wiser to just buy a NEW Kwik-Way instead of a used one. ( I'm not too mechanical and would need to hire out any repairs.)

Thanks.

- ArnoldZ.

CRE1992

Hey Arnold,

I think its safe to say that a fair price would be between $1000-$1800, if it is in good shape. On most compacts, the loader is a $2500-$4000 dollar option. Just my thoughts on the subject. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

-Charles

Kelly

I agree, $1000 is on the cheap side, but up too around $2000 used in nice shape, new I was told in the $2500-3000 range for a Kwik way. I've never installed one on a XI, but I just bought a 520 yesterday with a Kwik way loader on it, and it looks very simple to do, on my 520H

ArnoldZiffel

Hey,

With a little more conversation with the seller, he offered to sell the Kwik-Way Loader WITH the 522xi AS A PACKAGE.

1100 hours on the machine.

$4200 firm.

What do you think of that price???

Thanks.

- Arnold Z.

mr.pipes

Is the $4100 tractor and loader only?

You said, "The seller is converting his tractor to lawn cutting and snowblower use" in your first post.

Are those attachments part of the deal as well?

ArnoldZiffel

Mr Pipes,

No, no snowblower or mower. He has not purchased those attachments yet.

If I buy the tractor/loader package he will be in the market for a NEW tractor, mower, snowblower package.

What do you think?

Thanks.

- ArnoldZ.

ArnoldZiffel

Hey,

One more thing. The 522xi has 1100 hours on it. Looks well maintained and has a 3 ring binder which includes much of its service history.

However, EVERYtime I started the tractor it puffed out blue exhaust for just a few seconds and then the exhaust was clean.

I've had several xi's and I've never had this blue exhaust thing happen.

A concern?

What do you think?

Thanks.

- ArnoldZ.

Jim_M

Seems like it's overpriced by quite a bit at $4200.00. With 1100 hrs on it I wouldn't want to give any more than $2500.00.

Cody

I agree, 1100 hours is quite a few and the blue smoke you are seeing is oil being burned, so there is some ware and tear on the tractor. The xi tractors are very nice and a great machine but I personally would not spend more than $2000 on it. Mostly because of the hours on the machine. If it were my money i would look around for a lower hour 520 with swept front axle and gear reduction steering or low hour xi, and if it came down to it buy a new kwik way for it. 520's have been coming up alot for sale lately and the price of them have come down. In the long run it would be around the same cost maybe even cheaper as his asking price and in my opinion you would have a tractor that will last a lot longer with a lot less hours. Just my 2cents.

Nick

The 522xi would actually make a nice loader tractor compared with the swept axle 520H. The xi was a well built tractor plus they had power steering with a 2 range hydro and foot control. The price for the 522 doesnt sound bad but that many hours possibly all put on with heavy loader use does give you something to think about.

mr.pipes

$4200 Is too much for just the loader and tractor especially with the hours and smoking. Even if it was $2500, you get a $1500 loader and a $1000 tractor that smokes. The tractor might be fine for a long time or it could go down hill fast. To me its not worth the gamble at those prices. I think you will be able to find a better deal if you wait and look around.

You should be able to find a nice loader for $1500 and a great one for $2000.

Then think of the tractor you could get for $2200.

Where are you from? There is a guy not far from me who has 8-10 tractors, at least 3 of them XI's and 2-3 loaders. Most were low hour 200-400 if I recall. He has had a couple nice machines for sale within the last year for fair prices.