Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Picked up a 50th anniversary 520 with loader

Kelly

I called on this a few days ago, seen it on CL, and talked to the guy for a bit to get more info on it, as it was 175 miles one way, I got him to drop the price by $300 on the phone, I had to wait 3 days hoping he would not sell it to some one else, this morning I drove up the near 3 hour drive to find a very clean 50th anniversary 520 with a Kwik way loader, the tractor has 287 hours on it, and runs good, after getting it home I think the loader was installed when the tractor was new, I see no signs of it ever having a deck on it, the T bar under the tractor that raises the deck has no paint wear at all, it was the guys father in laws and he pasted away a few years ago so it has sat in their barn unused, he even gave me most of the snow cab that was on it at one time, this he said was mainly used to move snow in the winter with little use the rest of the year, probably the reason for the low hours, it has duel wheel adaptors on it that are filled with cement, the loader will be going on my Diesel 195, and I think I'm going to swap the big tires and rear weights off my other 520 to this one, and sell that one, I'm also going to sell my Johnson loader, so look for it in the classifieds.

I did stop to rinse the dust and bird poop off it before getting it home.

100_3633-1.jpg

100_3628.jpg

100_3631.jpg

ipperwash

Great find Kelly

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) Very nice Kelly I hope u get to use it a lot this summer. and enjoy it. Gary B........................ by the way nice bucket that should move some dirt.

wh79d160

Laddonia Mo. Kelly????

Kelly

Laddonia Mo. Kelly????

What???

I'm in MI. I picked this up in the northern lower peninsula, MI has a upper and lower part of the state.

wh79d160

Sorry, :WRS: I don't own a map. There was one very similar to that on CL in Laddonia Mo. I know there is something between Mo & Mi but obviously longer than 175 mile I'm sure. You get all the goodstuff :hide:

Jeremy Watson

Great looking loader!!!! Being from MI as well, I missed that one. Seems there are a lot of 520s for sale. Hoping to make it to the show in Charlotte to meet you.

boovuc

Nice purchase, Kelly!

Great looking 520 and a better history than most! What year was the 60th aniversary model. (Shame on me for not knowing this)! :hide:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Cody

Very clean tractor, an awesome addition especially with such low hours. Great Score Kelly :hide:

Raider12

Nice find Kelly, sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time to get in on a find like this one. Nice piece of equipment

Kelly

I got lucky this was on CL for near a week before I called on it, I did pay a fair price for it, so that may have kept it from selling fast in this economy, and it was out in the boonies, I like living out of town, but not that far.

mavfreak

kelly is that going on the super C your building?

littleredrider

Could you get some side shots of the tractor?? I'd like to see how it mounts on, measurements and stuff so I know where to put mine....

dgoyette

Sweet find Kelly!!!!

smoreau

:WRS: looks GREAT!! It's got a good home now! I think Kelly is going to need more inside storage space. Too many nice tractors! :hide:

refracman

Kelly,

Nice find for sure.

While the OE loader is capable you'll find that what you or I would use it for is at its max. I have 2 OE's and ya gots know their limits. They start gettin tipsy around 300lbs and 500lbs is max.

If your goin to install it on the 195, the least you'll want to do is make a new smaller bucket, the current one is to large and weak when trying to pick loads or go the forks route.

Ill be following your build, very interesting.

stevasaurus

That is a real nice find the Kelly. Was it up near Traverse City? If so, that is one of the nicest 3 hour rides in the states. :hide: Hope to see it at the show. :WRS:

perry

man thats in great shape :hide: . deffintily worth the drive. gonna be a sweet 195 when done :WRS:

cheesegrader

Ugh!

I troll the Yooper CL board regularly looking treasures just like that, and you beat me to it! Nice buy.

mr.pipes

What year was the 60th aniversary

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

40th was 1986 commemorated with the 420LSE

50th was 1996 I have seen 314-8 314-H 416-H 520-H with anniversary decals and would guess all models had 50th decals with the gold lettering.

60th ???

This one has me stumped. I have my BS in Business with a concentration in accounting and finance and like to think I am pretty good with numbers.

But somehow 2007 is the 60th :hide:

Maybe I will find out when they run a 3rd edition of The :WRS: Story

perry

must have hit the 6 instead of the 5. its fixed now :hide:

boovuc

Yup! I hit the 6 instead of the 5! :hide:

Good thing I don't screw up my haz-mat shipping forms as much as I do just typing in a forum.

DOT would come knocking!

Thanks for the info Mr. Pipes and again Kelly.......that was a great find!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA