Sign in to follow this  
Cody

7-1311 Sickle Bar

Cody

Does anyone have a manual for a 7-1311 sickle bar? I cant seem to find one to download. Also anyone know what it fits? Thank you

Cody

Can anyone provide some pictures and measurements for the travel rod and bracket that bolts to the dash stand for a WH sickle bar? their the only two pieces i am missing to my sickle bar and a would like to make those two pieces as close to original as possible. Thank you

MikesRJ

7-1311 Side Mounted Sickle Owner's/Parts Manual: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/.../7-1311_375.pdf

Fits the following, may fit others:

1057, 1067, 1077, 1257, 1267, 1277, 1-6931 Raider 9, 1-6231 Raider 12, 1-7931 Charger 9, 1-7231 Charger 12, 1-7235 Electro 12.

Cody

Thank you so much MikesRJ, Does anyone know what size the engine pulley should be? I am going to install this on my Electro 12. Is the pulley size different that the ones on the electric clutch?

MikesRJ

If memory serves you use the pulley on the outside of the originally installed electric clutch, then down to the drive system directly below the electric clutch. Look at the instructions in the manual. The procedure is there with pictures,

Cody

In the manual all it says is "insert the 1/4 x 1/4 x 1 1/2 key to the engine shaft and mount the engine pulley". I was unsure if a pulley needed to be used in place of the electric clutch pulleys.

TT

The foot-operated tensioner is still used on the 7-1311/7-1312 models and the driven pulley is the same diameter as the one on my mower.

So....... to keep the speed right and not explode the gearbox, the engine pulley would have to be 2.5" in diameter. There's no need for a crankshaft-mounted manual or electric PTO clutch since the foot-operated tensioner is used.

evanloock

I have seen people use the the manual and electric clutch to drive the sickle bar mower. This involved leaving the trip lever engaged all the time and starting/stopping the sickle via the tractor's PTO clutch. I am sure this involves some tweaking of the belt size. The 953 with SMS-50 sickle bar I bought (and need to pick up in New York) is set up this way (using the inner groove on the PTO cone).

THE CORRECT WAY and how it is listed in the instructions is to use the 5590 pulley which involved removing the tractor's PTO clutch (if it was equipped with one, on the earlier tractors such as the 953, 1277 and the like the PTO was optional, i.e. PT-5,

PT-6).

I have a 7-1311 with the correct engine pulley back in Alabama. If someone here does not come up with a measurement, then I will measure it when I return home in a few weeks.

Cody

Thank You Eric that would be great. I found an old post by rickv which has pictures of this 7-1312 Sickle Bar and he has 4" pulley on his. I am Just curious to which is the correct size because i want the bar to function correctly. Its hard to tell from the pictures in the manual what size the pulley is. Any pictures would be great. And pictures of the travel hook and bracket with some dimensions would greatly help. Thank you very much.

Heres Rickv's post i found with the 4" pulley.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=17680&hl=