Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

520 funky motion control....

Shuboxlover

1994 520-H...just turned 300 hours.

When I first start off to mow everything is fine....the problem happens when it's warmed up after about 10 minutes or so.

The motion control lever works great and is smooth right off the bat. I mow "back and forth" not "in circles", so at the end of every run, I need to do a "three point turn" after I pull the motion control lever back to go in reverse, it takes quite a bit of force to get it to go forward again, resulting in a bad "jerking" motion because it finally starts to go forward again, it feels like the control lever is sticking. It is totally smooth going forward OR reverse, it's only when I try and go forward AFTER going in reverse.

I hope I explained this well enough. Is there an adjustment or lubrication I can do? Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I hope this isn't anything serious.... :hide:

WH nut

The first thing I would do is pull the cover off between your legs and clean out all the grass clippings that like to build up there, when its all cleaned up you will be able to see all the linkages and check for anything worn out

SAM58

Also check the plate under the seat, the lock nut that it swivels on could be too tight. or grass builds up and messes with the control.

How long as it been since you have changed the oil & filter on the tranny??

No another note, how about the Hub caps ???:WRS:

Havn't heard from you yet :hide:

rexman72

1994 520-H...just turned 300 hours.

When I first start off to mow everything is fine....the problem happens when it's warmed up after about 10 minutes or so.

The motion control lever works great and is smooth right off the bat. I mow "back and forth" not "in circles", so at the end of every run, I need to do a "three point turn" after I pull the motion control lever back to go in reverse, it takes quite a bit of force to get it to go forward again, resulting in a bad "jerking" motion because it finally starts to go forward again, it feels like the control lever is sticking. It is totally smooth going forward OR reverse, it's only when I try and go forward AFTER going in reverse.

I hope I explained this well enough. Is there an adjustment or lubrication I can do? Has anyone ever experienced this before?

I hope this isn't anything serious.... :hide:

I just went thru this a few weeks ago with my 417a and the funky motion lever.what i had to do was adjusted the rod from the motion lever to the cam plate and while i was in there i just replaced the cam plate and now my 417a has alot of power so check those right off.