Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Is this Wheel Horse blasphemy?

Prater

The steering tower on my 416 is very weak from years of exposure and a leaky battery from the previous owner. I have an excellent tower, steering, and hood from a blackhood model. Would it be the "devils work" to replace the 416 parts with the blackhoods and have a much stronger steering tower?

can whlvr

not in my opinion,if the parts fit use them,it keeps these old girls going

Sparky

You dont even have to ask......go for it :hide: .

I have two Black Hoods and your right about them having a nice sturdy design.

Mike.......

Duff

Heck, Steven, guys are swapping parts from different models of tractors around here all the time. Blasphemy? No! Creativity when needed? Right on!

Duff :hide:

Docwheelhorse

I am all for doing whatever it takes to keep these horses going.... Though if your taking apart a Black Hood to fix a 416 I would ask that you don't... I have several 300/400 steering towers around here if you would like to leave it all original. If you just have the steering tower out of the Black Hood then go for it.

Tony

Prater

Yeah, its parts that I have. I am not stripping down a blackhood. I was going to use it to build a puller but plans changed. I am working on a d at the moment also, but it is on a temp backburner as I get some hunny do's done...

c175inMA

Do you have the hood? I believe only the black hooks could fit on the dashes.

Kelly

OH my lord you can't do that!!!! that is just wrong you have to put the black hood back together and save every WH you find

Just kiddin, it should be a bolt on, the upper steering shaft might, I say might be a diff. length, but other than that should be good to go, you should see the black hood I'm cutting up and modifying.

hodge

I agree with everyone. As a matter of fact, this reason is one of the great things about Horses- parts are interchangeable. Not many other makes and models can claim that.