Eriks Red horse herd

AWSOME!!! Thats all i can say!!!!

Ole MN

WOW

If it dosn't exist BUILD IT :woohoo: GREAT JOB

chesbaycruiser

Massey,

This is astounding work. As I glance over at my 312 project that has seen almost no visible progress in months, I feel like I should just hand in my RS membership card. "I'm not worthy!!!!" :woohoo:

Ah well, gives me something to shoot for, I suppose.

Curious...are you doing this work at home?

Once again...amazing work. :D

CB

massey

Thanks for the compliments guys.

CB, yes I'm doing this at home and hang on to that card at all costs.

On the update end, I just finished putting the trans back together and painted it. Won't be able to do any more until next weekend now.

Stigian

Looking good Massey, the speed you work it will soon be done :woohoo:

mavfreak

I feel like I should just hand in my RS membership card. "I'm not worthy!!!!" :woohoo:

I feel that way also!

What beautiful craftmanship!

KnightCoder

Hey Massey, That is (1) "AWESOME" :ROTF: Project !!

You do Excellent Fabrication Work Period. Just curious about which WH Tractor Frame & Hood/Seat Assymbly did you say you are using, or did you even say ?

Another question I have, is do you have documentation/drawings on your design?

And if so are you planning on shareing or selling them?

Anyways I can hardley wait to see that MEAN MACHINE :D when it's Complete !

Later Guy, :woohoo: KnightCoder

massey

Once again, thanks for the compliments guys.

KnightCoder, I am going by a set of plans I found on the internet.

I have been sidetracked a little as I sold my mower and have to put a deck together fast and mount it on the C160.

Here's my mower leaving.

005-6.jpg

The deck I had is in pretty sad shape so I had to patch some holes, weld in the baffles and weld in a support bar. Here it is after sandblasting, welding, stripping and some rust converter. It's not pretty, it's actually more of a frankendeck looking thing now. Next I will spray on some rust encapsulator, POR 15 on the underside and then the color on the top side. Hopefully this carries me through until I can find a nice deck.

007-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-4.jpg

Today I did mount the trans and drive chains and mounted the engine.

010-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

• Like 1

312Hydro

Man ! I'm really enjoying your build,Massey :woohoo: Not much more I can say at the moment except :ROTF: Fine craftsmanship :D

WheelHorse58

That looks amazing, good fabrication. Looks like its gonna turn out good :woohoo:

Horse'n Around

Wow, that keep getting more and more cool... or is it cooler and cooler? oh well anyway you put it that is just plain incredible. I cant wait to see it and Ian's Horse Thingie when they are done. I cant see me ever trying to fabricate anything nearly this intricate or complicated but it sure is very inspiring and motivating. You cant help but learn from and take away huge amounts of knowledge just from reading and watching, I learn so many new things every day :woohoo:

SAM58

Sweet! :woohoo:

Keep the Pictures coming!!

:D

vtpsd

wow, this thing is really impressive. Perfect project to use a diesel. I think you will find that diesel will make all the right sights and smells pushing those tracks around. Amazing work!

massey

Thanks again for the compliments, I appreciate that. I did finish the deck and it seems to have a nice cut to it, I need to tighten up the motion control lever a bit so it holds it's speed better. That C160 can sure pull a wheelie :banghead: , but that's enough of that, I don't want to break it now.

I finally started on the tin work on this project.

I liked vtspeed's idea about relocating the air cleaner :banghead: and by doing so I now only need about 2" more height. So I made extensions for the hood and the console.

001-9.jpg

003-8.jpg

The belt guard was real close so I just needed to make a spacer. There is a small crack in the radius so it will get welded up and I'll probably add a doubler or gusset there.

002-10.jpg

I wanted levers to actuate the brakes so I added a 3/4" shaft and welded some collars on the inside for support.

006-6.jpg

Some 5/8" rod, some collars and a piece of 1/4" to attach the clevis end to ( speaking of clevises, no one around here understood what that is even after I drew one, it's like I was speaking a foreign language. So I had to make some for the mock up, If they look ok after paint, I'll probably leave them.)

005-7.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

I do have to trim/modify the fender pan some to clear the brake linkage but I get to have levers now :thumbs2: .

• Like 1

Forest Road

Awesome!!!! Simply awesome!

dclarke

:thumbs2: This thing is so cool!

312Hydro

That's really looking great and I like the 2" extensions. Will you be enclosing the sides since there are no tires for the wheel wells? If you do it would look just like a dozer with the back and sides even with the footrests. That sure is going to look (and sound) good moving under diesel power! :thumbs2:

Ole MN

amazing work

clintonnut

What a BEAST!

Is there a way you could abandon the gas tank, air cleaner and muffler to use the stock wh gas tank and then mount a wheel horse style aircleaner where the diesel tank was and hook it up with a piece of molded automotive radiator hose? ( not the ribbed junk) then just run a header pipe out the side of the hood with maybe a smaller tractor type muffler.

It would be a pretty cool look if you were able to make the engine look like it was equipped the same as a kohler and nobody would know it was a diesel unless they looked under the hood or you started it up!

Not critiquing just some ideas!

Charlie

massey

312Hydro,

I wouldn't mind bending up new footboards and tin for the back, but I don't have easy access to a brake right now so I'm just going with what I have.

Ole MN

Thanks for that.

charliesd250

Thanks for the ideas, anything is up for possible change. I was considering putting a stack on this but I think I may just exit the exhaust straight down and underneath to keep the noise and soot out of my face.

AMC RULES

What are your plans for it once complete? Are you going to work it or trailer it?

massey

What are your plans for it once complete? Are you going to work it or trailer it?

I plan on using it, it should have a good "fun factor" to it.

kadetklapp

Excellent!

Stigian

It's been a while since I last checked your build Massey, it's coming on in leaps and bounds :thumbs2:

It can't be long until it's finished..

Wish my projects could be that fast :banghead:

Looking at your steering levers and the rear mounted master cylinders has got me re-thinking how I am going to mount them on my 6X6...

As you said earlier, "anything is up for possible changes". :banghead:

COMMANDO6

Well the fun-factor is always... fun. Should be almost as much fun driving it as it was building it. (hopefully)

I don't know if anyone already asked this, but what was it originally?