Horse'n Around

This is great! Between you and Ian there's a lot to look forward to! There is so much talent on this board !!!!

Please keep us updated with lots more pics :hide:

John

jasoncracer

Massey you do some great work I have to say :hide: <_

corn53

:WRS: That will be awesome!!!! Cant wait for completion!!!! :hide:

massey

Ok, it's been a while since I've updated this post so here we go. Here's finding the crank centerline on a the Kohler low buck way.

001-6.jpg

And it matches up right on for the diesel, I just had to set the depth for the pulley.

003-6.jpg

This is the rear crossmember for the WH frame to the dozer frame. This hole is for securing the two together. This bolt would have gone through and hit the drive belt so I cut a block of 1/2" and threaded it and secured it so the bolt won't go all the way through now. Also had to cut a hole in the belt guard for this crossmember.

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

I also trimmed the plow down and started locating it to the plow frame.

007-2.jpg

Slowly but surely, it's coming along.

312Hydro

Starting to shape up! Those tracks look great. :hide: Are those anti theft screws in your cross member?

whlpny

Very nice work Ed- your a man of patience. The first time you take it for a ride all them hours will be worth it!

rexman72

unbelievable work that you are doing.cant wait to see moe pics.

massey

The bolts are called tri-wings, I believe Douglas aircraft came up with them. Yeah, I can't wait to drive this thing :hide: , it keeps getting that much closer.

Horse'n Around

Wow every time I see the pictures of your progress , I get more and more impressed. This is going to be really incredible when its done. I cant even imagine how gratifying and fun its going to be to actually take it for its first spin. You really need to get preserved that on video for sure!

John

Stigian

Ok, it's been a while since I've updated this post so here we go. Here's finding the crank centerline on a the Kohler low buck way.

001-6.jpg

Love the "low tech" crank centering, your welding skills are very impressive too Ed :hide:

Good to see your build moving on :WRS:

Thanks Ian, but you are the man. The work you are doing and your posts are excellent and entertaining. The tracks were definitely a process.

Ed

Thanks Ed :)

My hat is off to both of you guys. whtractor/thumbsup.gif You BOTH have displayed incredible fabricating skills. whtractor/not_worthy.gif whtractor/not_worthy.gif whtractor/not_worthy.gif

All I can say is thanks so much to you BOTH for sharing your projects with us here on the forum. thankyousign.gif thankyousign.gif thankyousign.gif

This is great! Between you and Ian there's a lot to look forward to! There is so much talent on this board !!!!

Please keep us updated with lots more pics smile.gif

Thanks Guy's, very kind of you to say so :disgust:

massey

OK, the back ordered sprockets came in and I finally was able to weld them, good thing because I really wanted to locate everything to the sub frame before I painted.

Squaring up the drive sprockets.

001-7.jpg

One track on and runs true.

002-8.jpg

Both tracks on and true.

005-5.jpg

Starting to look like something finally :woohoo: .

003-7.jpg

004-5.jpg

Also been working on the plow a little.

006-4.jpg

312Hydro

It's really shaping up nicely! Reminds me of those "Battle bots ' on TV. It looks great just sitting there :woohoo: Did you need to crank in much tension?

dclarke

Massey, This is really something to watch. WELL DONE!!! :woohoo: :D

wallfish

WOW! that thing looks great. Nice job so far.

puddlejumper

Massey, Are there going to be any chain guides on the bottom to hold the chain in alignment with the sprockets when in a twist? I realize it has a sprocket on both ends instead of a Idler on the front like bigger equipment so the chance of throwing a track should be reduced. I am not downgrading your work in any way because it is awesome. But the alignment rollers under big equipment are there for a reason and it may be something you should consider or at least take a look at.

massey

312Hydro

I haven't set the tension yet, I just pulled to get most of the slack out. It all has to come apart again for paint.

puddlejumper

I should have stated it is upside down right now, the guides will be on the bottom of the tracks. It was easier for me to align the pillow blocks/axles up this way.

puddlejumper

Duh, :woohoo: I should have realized that without being told.

massey

Duh, :woohoo: I should have realized that without being told.

Hey, no problem. It's a very good point you brought up.

HorseFixer

:ROTF: Sweet! :D for sharing! :woohoo:

Cheers ~Duke

:D

massey

Here's the latest update, I wanted to get the big parts painted so I could start assembly and make the scattered small piles into a single big pile.

Epoxy primer.

007-3.jpg

Shot some red over that.

008-3.jpg

Fitting the axles, sprockets, brakes, etc.

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

I wasn't going to paint the tracks but I picked up a quart of silver hammer finish and hit them with that.

014-1.jpg

Secured the winch for the plow up and down motion and just had to hook it up and try it, works sweet :woohoo: .

015-2.jpg

I pulled the trans apart and it doesn't look bad in there except for one hogged out keyway. I'm going to see if I can have another keyway cut in and weld the bad one up.

016-2.jpg

dennist

That is Sick! So cool! :woohoo:

312Hydro

I can't help but smile as I look at your dozer, it just puts a big grin on my face! Really nice work and I can't wait to see it under power! :woohoo:

Horse'n Around

Marshall, that just oozes cool!!!!!!!!!!

smoreau

This is just too cool!!! Looks great and would love to see it in person when its finished.

Martin

massey,

looking incredible :woohoo:

hope to see it in person one day when its finished.

what an awesome project.