Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

Simplicity - what can you tell me about them

truckin88

In the 3 years or so of home ownership, I have only owned WH's as that is what I inherited, plus many members of my family owned. I love my WH's. I also like the green machines, but my neighbor has a new big money Simplicity, and the cut is amazing. Now I am not interested in a new machine, doing some research apparently that is what Simplicity is known for with the roller deck. I am looking at 6000 and 7000 series machinces. What is the value, strong and weak points? How hard are parts to find? And how hard are attachments to find. Do all simplicities have"that cut"

Thanks,

Will

perry

yes all the simplicitys have the patent mower deck design that hooks to the front axle (anti-scalp) and the roller bar across the rear. they also have a set of rollers hidden under the deck.

i know more about the 60's tractors than the later models. but i have herd good things on the 6000-7000 series. i would say the 6000 are a light duty garden tractor. and 7000 heavy duty. any simplicity with a horizontal shaft engine is a heavy duty tractor. even the little 4200 series were nice little lawn mowers.

check this out here - http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=27906

info on the 6000-7000 series here - http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1983.htm

zieg72

I can tell you my cousin bought one about 15 years ago. Seemed kinda cheaply made but what impressed me is its turning radius. It is still running strong today, steering still nice and tight and cuts like new.

Cody

I had a model 7117 with a replacement kohler 18 magnum. it was a real strong tractor and the hydro and hydro lift were amazingly strong. The left hand discharge decks work great and do a fantastic job. in my opinion the only bad part is if you have problems with the the bevel gear box. Besides that it seemed like a great tractor.