Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

What Knuckle head at the Little Guys Show

BPjunk

.... challenged a "racing tractor" to a slow tractor race and LOST ? :hide:

It was good to see all the Wheel Horse tractors at this years Little Guys Show, once again there was more Wheel Horse tractors attending then the featured tractor models ! :)

Leaving at 4:00 am from Richmond, VA for a tractor show in south central PA and getting back home the same day ain't easy but it was well it to worth seeing every one and hearing your Wheel Horse stories ! :WRS:

The tractor pull was a little rough at first with the muddy track but as the day wore on the track dried nicely and the pullin' got better. Unfortunately my best pull was the last pull of the day and no one was around to see it.

Uh oh yeah ..... about the knuckle head who thought it would be a good idea to challenge a racing tractor to a slow tractor race. Well for some reason I thought it would be fun to have a slow tractor race against one of those super fast circle track racing tractors with me on my 1964 model 654 with the SR-64 Speed Reduction kit. OK OK Now hold on a minute there ..... ya'll know that I am a fair guy .... I told the racing tractor driver that I WOULD USE THIRD GEAR ONLY .... and I did ! (I had to use other ways to cheat) Now folks when ya do this kind of stuff ya have to put on a show for the people watching so here's what happened .... we lined the the circle track racer and my 654 on the pullin' track ... now the starting line I drew with the heel of my boot in the dirt ... well was kinda more in my favor but. Any how I volunteered a kid from the audience to be the official starter .... and when the kid yelled GO we had it set so the racing tractor would do a squirly burn out while I stood my 654 up on its rear wheel for a long wheely .... not really the way to start out a slow tractor race but it sure got the crowd jumping ! Now for the real start of the race the kid yells GO ... the 654 was in third gear and the racing tractor had it's engine idling we were off! I was surprised on just how equal the speeds were .... now I did adjust the 654 engine speed a little to make it look good . The racing tractor was the first to get to the end of the track .... but the 654 was not far behind, at this point we decided to slow tractor race in reverse. And this is where I started to use my slow tractor race winning technics ..... yeah yeah I was cheating .... steering back and forth to make the distance longer, holding the lugs on the rear tires with my hands (this doesn't really work but I tried), holding my cowboy boots on the front tires to make them skid. Then I used my head and put the throttle all the way back down to idle ..... then the engine stalled and cuts off ! Now any one who has been in a slow tractor race knows if your engine cuts out and stops running YOU LOSE ! I congradulated the racing tractor driver as the winner and the crowed appluded. Next year I will just try the plowing contest and leave the racing stuff alone ! :>)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-10-1306116195.jpg

BPjunk

Folks here is a picture of the slow tractor race between the racing tractor and my 654. The racing tractor was a Dynamark .... it looked rough but sounded mean!

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va

Attached Image

post-10-1306118897.jpg

VinsRJ

Looks like a job well done, Bill :hide:

I like the pull'n pic and its nice to see you post again.

stevasaurus

That is a great story Bill...thanks. And I agree with Vince. :hide: