Sign in to follow this  
papaglide

6-3211

papaglide

I just got a 32" snow thrower and am wondering if this would fit my 1975 B-80. Model thrower is 6-3211, 1968 I think.

Thanks.

littleredrider

Thought that one is a 36" but could be wrong. Replying on my phone so don't have the manuals in front of me.....If it has the tach-a-magic should fit.

TT

It's not a direct-fit, but you could make it work if you can't find the correct thrower.

It replaced the STR-32 ~ which was the 32" thrower for Lawn Ranger models. It should have the drive belt engagement assembly attached to the side of the mounting hitch, and it's designed to work with the 2 1/2" engine pulley.

littleredrider

If it is indeed for a ranger just need to change the mount. I have two rangers, couldn't find a blower for it. Did some web investigating and found the only major difference is the mount. Ranger mount is parallel to the ground, whereas bigger tractors angle upwards.

TT

BUT - "big tractor" throwers from that time frame are made to bolt directly to the front of the frame rails and are not Attach-Matic compatible, so the hitch will need to be changed to a newer version.

Then there's still the "gearing" issue. A B-80 PTO pulley is a LOT bigger than 2 1/2".

papaglide

Thanks for the quick responses.

More info: the mounting brackets coming off the blower are pretty much straight with about a 5/8th's of an inch bolt hole near the end. This blower was last on a charger 12.

Will it be a big modification to fit it to a B-80?

TT

The hitch needs to look like this to work on your B-80:

misc101509005-1.jpg

misc101509004.jpg

The hitch also has to angle slightly upward so the auger housing edge is level when the thrower is completely lowered:

416snowcrew010.jpg

416snowcrew004.jpg

papaglide

Thanks for setting me straight Terry.

My mounting bracket is only 6 3/4" wide without any up angle. Gauging from your picture yours looks to be 7 1/4" or 7 1/2". The holes in the front must be for the bolts to bolt onto the frame.

Oh well, I guess that I just may have trade material here. :hide:

littleredrider

I have the bracket you need, just need to find it. i made one to fit on my ranger, so dont really need it. Even swap if yah want...

papaglide

I think that I will still have the PTO issue...this blower is made for a 2 1/2" pulley.

littleredrider

When i was comparing the two blowers, I'm pretty sure the pulley's were the same size.

I have an 854 that has the same blower that I have on my ranger, and both engine and blower pulley's are the same size.