Sign in to follow this  
Duffer67

520 HC Governor settings

Duffer67

I have just taken the 520 HC out of storage and charged the Battery. I can start the engine and it idles fine , however only when the choke lever is in full choke! As soon as I decrease the choke the engine stalls out. The same thing happens when I have it in full choke and increase the speed. I have a feeling it is the governor setting as I had the carb rebuilt last fall. Any help will be appreciated.

TT

:WRS:

"Last fall" was a long time ago when it comes to gasoline evaporating from the carburetor float chamber and forming a crusty blockage in the main jet.

More than likely, you'll need to pull the top off of the carb and clean the float chamber & (especially) the main jet - which is a simple procedure for mechanically-inclined persons with proper tools ~ or more complicated than brain surgery for others. :hide:

Duffer67

Thanks Terry! - I have the tools and the mechanical smarts- I will have a look at it tomorrow and pull the carb apart. I also have another carb on the shelf for a 520 which I may swap out!