Sign in to follow this  
jcb857

correct air cleaner service instruction decal

jcb857

Can some one please post what the correct air cleaner service instruction decal says. I need to get one for my K181S-30108D that is on my 857.

jcb857

I am also looking for info on the correct silver kohler decal that goes on the k181s

MikesRJ

See this thread (read through all of it) and contact Meadowfield in the UK (he ships to the US): http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...opic=25047&st=0

Also take a look at his website: http://www.restorationdecals.co.uk/

Direct link to the Kohler Decals: http://www.restorationdecals.co.uk/kohler.htm

jcb857

Thanks mike for the thread and web links. The air cleaner on my c-81 has a diffrent air cleaner decal than the one that is shown on restoration decals web site. I just want to make sure I put the correct decal on my 857. The one on the c-81 starts off saying, warning do not operate engine without air cleaner element or internal damage will result. And on top of the label it says, Air Cleaner Instructions.

MikesRJ

Post a picture of it, with dimensions would be really good too. Perhaps one of the decal magicians will assist in making the correct one for you.

Anglo Traction

Pictures will help enormously.

Searching the Parts Manual for your Model and Spec only quotes one Part Nbr for the Air Cleaner Decal. It is- 2511307 . I don't know what it looks like, but if you want to 'Take a Flyer' and order one, you can obtain one from OPEENGINES online for $1.17 + ship.

TT

I am almost positive that Kohler P/N 25 113 07 is the "latest - greatest" version of the decal and is not even close to any of the older ones.

These decals are very hard to photograph while installed - because of the curvature, and the fact that they are clear usually makes for an annoying glare.

I'll see if I can get - or attempt to get - some good pictures in the very near future. :hide:

TT

OK - here we go. :)

Looks like a screen-printed :hide: to me - not an actual sticker. (maybe even a water-transfer decal?) :WRS:

Dimensions to outside of white border are 3 3/16" wide by 1 1/4" tall.

acdecal005.jpg

acdecal006.jpg

Text reads:

AIR CLEANER SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS

CARTRIDGE SHOULD BE CLEANED BY TAPPING ON

A FLAT SURFACE. BE SURE CARTRIDGE FITS ON BOTTOM

ADAPTER PLATE AND WING NUT ON TOP ADAPTER PLATE IS

FINGER TIGHT. REPLACE CARTRIDGE IF BENT, CRUSHED, OR

DAMAGED AND UNDER EXTREME DUST CONDITIONS AFTER

100 TO 200 HOURS OPERATION. CLEAN OR REPLACE CART

RIDGE WHEN LOSS OF POWER IS NOTICEABLE.

jcb857

Thanks TT, Anglo, and Mike for all the great help. I am going to order one like TT posted. I am now confident on what decal is the correct one for my 857. :hide:

TT

You're welcome!

By the way..........

The filter cover in my photos is actually from a K301, but it is exactly the same as the decal on the air cleaner cover from my 855 - except you can still read this one. :hide: