Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Found a couple beauties today.....don't shoot me

Shuboxlover

So I went to look at a non running B-100 the other day, didn't end up getting it, but in his shed, he had TWO....count them TWO beautiful John Deere 420's One with a 60" mulching deck and the other with a 54" (?) deck, ags, and hub caps. I asked if he wanted to sell one of them, he said maybe, but i honestly have no idea what a fair price would be...I know what I would be tickled pink to buy one of them for, but I'm sure it's too low. (maybe not, I don't know) Both had around 500 hours on them.

So what are those machines worth?

Kelly

Around here in good shape with a deck, low hours, cheap would be $2500 most closer to $3500-4000

T-Mo

Kelly is right - they're not cheap. John Deeres as a whole and especially the 420/430s, hold their value pretty well. If you bought one of those 420s you will be getting one of the better super garden tractors ever built. The Onans are good engines, capable of running up big hours, but are expensive to fix when they break. The rest of the tractor is pretty much bullet proof.

mavfreak

I have found that just about all JDs hold there value better that alot of other garden tractors. Almost like the green paint means more green paper :hide: