Sign in to follow this  
JimD

B-80 four speed damage...

JimD

I've been putting off getting into the transmission on the B-80 for a long time. Yesterday I tore into the tractor and got the transmission out. Upon removeing the hubs I found this...

B-80001.jpg

a nice chunk torn out of the key way. The chunk is laying on the axle housing in the pic. That's the driver side axle.

Here is the wallowed out key way on the other axle...

B-80002.jpg

And of course the hubs are torn up to match...

B-80003.jpg

The gears and bearings all appear to be ok.

B-80005.jpg

Time to round up some parts and put this one back to work. :hide:

racinfool40

:hide: Dang Jim, you did mean a chunk was out of the key way!!!Never seen one do that before!!!!!!!I'm sure we can hook you up with some parts!! :) Other than that don't look to bad!! Maybe a New reverse Idler?? :WRS:

JimD

Looks like you saw one I missed on the idler gear Mike. I was more concerned with the bearings. Shoot me a pm on the hubs and axles.

1 inch hubs and 1 inch x 10 5/8 axles.

sorekiwi

I'm fairly sure I have a pair of axles here Jim. Give me a holla if you get stuck!

JimD

I'm fairly sure I have a pair of axles here Jim. Give me a holla if you get stuck!

Will do Mike, thanks. :hide:

daveoman1966

I am in n/w PAS at zip 16433 and I have the COMPLETE trans for the B-80. Nothing wrong with it, except that I own it..... Will sell for a reasonable price and you can just drop it in and go.

my email is: daveoman@windstream.net

Send me an email and I'rreturn pics and details to you. I can ship this, but you may want to make a drive here instead. I have a lot of other B and C series parts too.

Attached Image

post-74-1304990449.jpg

stevasaurus

Trans looks to be in good shape Jim...considering the abuse the axles and hubs took. I don't see what Mike is seeing with the reverse idler...of course...I am 2 more states away from you guys. :hide:

JimD

Well, it was off to see Sorekiwi (Mike) this morning to pick up the axles for the B-80. I took my hubs along and he broached new key ways in them while I was there.

I also got to see his collection of Horses. Quite an impressive group I must say. Mike, as always, it was a pleasure visiting with you. Hope we can do it again soon.

Jim

sorekiwi

It was a pleasure Jim! And anytime after 12 we could've had some cold ones!