Sign in to follow this  
kloe0699

atv tires

kloe0699

I read a post on this at one time but I can't find it! I picked up 4 26/12-12 itp tires today for my favorite price. Will they fit under the fenders on my Raider 12 or C-175? I have been looking at ag tires for garden work, I just can't seem to find the cash for them this year. The itp's should be much better than my turf tires in the dirt. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Kelly

You will need to raise the fender, and may have issues with the footrest and need to use wide rims to make the tire lay flat, and not tall like it will on narrow rims.

kloe0699

Thanks Kelly. The wider rim makes sense. What would be wider with the same bolt pattern as a wheel horse?

Kelly

You will need a 10" wide rim for the 12 wide tires to fit right, so that means custom rims, widen stock, or use pulling tractor wheels, I found some from a zero turn, but still had to cut the centers out and weld them where I wanted them.

Raider12puller

John Deere made 12in wide rims. Real Wheels and Douglas rims make 12 in aluminum rims. Or you could weld to rims together. Just watch the offset of the rims especially on tractors with gas tank under the fenders.

Shuboxlover

You will need a 10" wide rim for the 12 wide tires to fit right, so that means custom rims, widen stock, or use pulling tractor wheels, I found some from a zero turn, but still had to cut the centers out and weld them where I wanted them.

Did the 520's come with 10" rear wheels? :hide:

littleredrider

520s came with 8.5" rears.

I just bought then sold a set of 10 rims off a Toro grounds keeper or something or other, had 26x12x12 up front, er back, and 20x10x10 for steering. Was 4wd, thought about snagging the front axle, but pieces were missing and some broke, and just another project I don't need.

Little_Red

ive got a set of 10in rims from a cub on my b100 had them on a c105 with 1050 tru power ags the cleareance was about an 3/4 of an inch

416/520

I will describe what worked to make a rim center fit a new outside rim.

My Ford backhoe came from the factory with insufficient welds, and one day the rim cracked and broke. The wheel center that was still attached was in good condition.

I bought another rim without the center. I carefully used a 4'' grinder and cut the old rim off,leaving plenty of margin around the welded area that failed.

At this point,I carefully cut the welds, and chiseled off the old remaining pieces of rim. I think you get the idea--the wheel center was now intact and just like new.

We carefully measured the offset and tapped the wheel center on,tacked it up with a wire welder. The problem seemed to be how does one get a large rim perfectly 'square' with the axle?

Remembering that we had a backhoe,we simply raised the wheel off the ground with the outriggers, and set up an indicator gauge that was an iron bar anchored to a few concrete blocks with sandbags. Start the tractor,and slowly spin the wheel to perfectly set the rim square,tack it up,check again,and weld the beast together. We are talking about a 400 pound wheel here,and it was easy. In fact, our wheel wobbled less than a factory wheel on the other side...

So I guess what I am saying is if you can use this idea to get the wheel-rim combination you desire,it might be another way to go. Mini grinders with thin cutting wheels rock!