Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

Crank End Play

MalMac

Ok I am putting my K241 back together. After I got the bearing plate torqued down to spec. I was checking my end play. I do not have any, the specs say I should have .003 min. It almost feels tight to me. I do not have any paper shims in. Only the thick gasket. This is a first for me. All the other Kohler I have done always seem to need no less than one shim if not two. I first thought maybe a bearing was not pressed in far enough, but I checked and it's fine. Not quite sure what to do.

sorekiwi

Add one ot two of the paper shims and see what you get. Adding the shims increases the clearance.

MalMac

sorewiki, you are absolutely right. Talk about a brain fart, I have rebuilt in the past and thats what I have done. Talk about old age setting in. I hate to admit this but maybe the wife's right I can't remember anything. Can't believe I just said that. Anyway thanks for jarring me straight. Sure makes me feel like a dumb A**.

sorekiwi

No worries Mate! If I had a dollar for every dumb thing I've ever done, I'd be staying at home and playing with tractors 24/7!

mavfreak

No worries Mate! If I had a dollar for every dumb thing I've ever done, I'd be staying at home and playing with tractors 24/7!

me too!