Sign in to follow this  
Indy w h

The Portland, In swap meet

bell

Well, at the last minute...... My plans fell through. I AM GOING!!!!!

(Actually, my wife is making me go... :) )

I'll be there today only, so if you don't see me there, (and want to :disgust: ) give me a shout! (if you have my number, that is...)

Sorry, I'm not used to being up this early.... Feeling a little silly. :WRS: :hide:

Workin_Horses

I'll be there starting Friday Morning, trailer is loaded with C160 and 516H tractors, 42" and 48" dozer blade, and some other misc parts....

My dad is also meeting me there mid-day on Friday and he will have a C145 tractor, some tires and wheels, and other misc parts....

Not sure where I am going to setup yet but I have a tan dodge truck with a Lance truck camper on it pulling a black trailer....

Gene_S

If any of you guys see a belt guard for a 855 with the 855 decal on it I need one. I want to find an original cover to put on my tractor and keep it unrestored. I'll pay a finders fee!!!

Kelly

I'm going to be there early sat morning, but only with few things already sold, I'm going as a buyer.

Indy w h

Just a little Portland update. The skies are blue today no rain in sight and ya can't ask for a better day !!! Racinfool40 and I have met a few RS members today. So if your here at Portland come on by and say hi !!!

Indy

racinfool40

Made it Back from Portland...Meet quite a few RedSquare Members and as always great to put a face with a name.. :hide: Set up with Marshall"INDY WH" and his group..was great to meet everyone and look forward to doin it again!!

Gene_S

Had a great day today... Great seeing everyone and meeting a few more... :WRS:

Thanks for the great deals Mike... :hide:

And as for Bob Rocks articulating tractors... :disgust: Them are some amazing works of GT art... :)

wheelhorse656

my plans of going fell threw at the last minut :hide: i had finals friday oh well ill be at the next one !!!!!

Indy w h

Allrightythen!!! Another fun 4 days at Portland !!!! Wow where to start ?? The weather wasn't that great on Wednesday and Thursday but I awoke to sunny skies the last two days !!! I met some great people !! And a few RS family. I wanna say thanks to Mike "racinfool40" Biser for being able to put up with my buddies and myself !!! It was great company and a great time !! All I can say is SEE YA NEXT YEAR !!!!!

stevasaurus

What...no pictures??? :WRS::):disgust: It's just wrong to go to something like this and not post any pictures...It is just wrong. :hide:

racinfool40

Sorry Steve forgot my Camera :WRS: But boy was the Rock-n-Rye smooth!!!! Was pretty nice just to sit back and relax and do some BS-n :hide:

smokin joe

:) :WRS: :hide:

wheel-mule

Back from Portland .Was there Thursday thru today.Set up on back side of creek on the south near the walk bridge.Had a great time met a lot of great people and had a very good amount of sales .On the downside I had a set of new 42"Wheel Horse blades stolen.But I won't let that ruin the good time I had.

Indy w h

Sorry Steve forgot my Camera :WRS: But boy was the Rock-n-Rye smooth!!!! Was pretty nice just to sit back and relax and do some BS-n :hide:

Did somebody say. Rock-N-Rye ????

Lane Ranger

Attended the Portland, IN Tri-State Engine Sale and Swap meet on Saturday May 21, 2011.

The sales items were really thinned out by 3:30 on Saturday. Looks like lots of folks left on Friday evening and early Saturday thru the end of Saturday.

I heard there were a pretty good bunch of buyers and lookers on Friday but not much on Saturday. My brother David and I spoke to two or three guys that just pulled in on Satuday around noon.

I was kind of disappointed as this had not been the experience I had at Portland in any of the previous three years swap meets held in May. It did not rain until late in the afternoon on the way home even though they were predictign rain.

Chuck McColley was the only Red Square member I got to see and speak with. Bought a few things from Chuck. Chuck makes a nice set of replacement lock handles for the rear Wheel Horse snowplow/dozer hitch if anyone is looking for some.

I took a few pictures and since Steve asked I will post them.

Ride King Mower

101_0182.jpg

Nice D-200 Automatic

101_0179.jpg

101_0178.jpg

101_0177.jpg

This photo shows how sparse the buyers were along one vendors route

101_0176.jpg

Some old Ford lawn tractors

101_0175.jpg

There wer quite a few nice Deeres for BIG MONEY for sale

101_0181.jpg

This was on the way in Converse on Indiana State Road 18 -an old Wheel Horse dealer shop

101_0174.jpg

:hide:

stevasaurus

Thanks Lane for posting your pictures... :WRS: I may want to go to that swap meet next year...looks like a good time. :hide:

wheelhorse656

those pics make me sick to my stomach STUPID FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish i could have been there it like i said it makes me sick to know i missed the show. i havent missed portland in 5 years ever since i started going. :hide:

Indy w h

Thanks Lane for posting your pictures... :WRS: I may want to go to that swap meet next year...looks like a good time. :hide:

If you come Steve, bring some Rock-N-Rye !!!!!

stevasaurus

Thanks Lane for posting your pictures... :disgust: I may want to go to that swap meet next year...looks like a good time. :hide:

If you come Steve, bring some Rock-N-Rye !!!!!

:):offtopic::thanks::hide::beer::WRS: :)