Sign in to follow this  
neil

what tecumseh engine is this

neil

i have this brand new tecumseh engine that i want to put on my 653 restore

on the engine cowling its got HH100 stamped on the tin & lower down on the engine decal it says 8hp.

Does anyone recognise this engine & could they tell me what i have is it an 8 or a 10 hp .

i also need a engine mount plate for the engine to fit , the bolt holes are

100mm X 200mm does enyone have a mount plate that would fit this .

thanx for you help in advance

DSC02183.jpg

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

racinfool40

Neil, Looks like a 10hp to me some one probably added the sticker..I have the exact same motor I'm pulling off a 1971 Raider 10. The electrinc Ignition went out and has some other issue's..If it's a runner take care of it!! Parts are hard to find and those solid state ignitions are pricey!!!I will also have the plate if you do need it!! :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

I am pretty sure this is an HH100 and not an hh80. More than likly somone changed the sticker on the shroud. the only way to tell for 100% sure it to take the head off and mesure the bore. If its a hh100 which i belive it is it will measure 3 inch if its 8hp it will mesure 2 3/4 inches. Hope this helps ya out Neil! :wh:

I can probly help you out with the mount but ill have to look into the bolt mesurement pattern. if its the right on one i would like to get $10 for it. :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

Hi Neil, Glad you went for that engine in the end. I go along with these guys. It's unlikely the Stamped numbers are wrong and a sticker right!.

One other way to check if it's an HH100 is to see how much Oil it needs. An HH100 takes 1564ml according to the Manual and an 8HP takes about 970ml.

The 115217d confirms an HH100 and the build date of it was 245th day of 1994 Production line- E (can't be 2004 because they change the numbering and labels) .

Can't help with the plate, but if ever your Carb Float springs a leak, I have a new Brass one you can have.

Regards.

neil

Thanx Richard for that info ,how did you get all that .

I would like to get the mount off either of you guys

I now hope that the engine wont be to big to fit under hood without having to cut any bodywork.

I have just put the engine in position and tried the hood for size & it is just hitting the muffler pipe at the moment but by the time i put the mount on i will make it a bit worse. so i may have to change put an elbow on the exhaust outlet to throw the muffler downwards.

Anglo Traction

I now hope that the engine wont be to big to fit under hood without having to cut any bodywork.

I have just put the engine in position and tried the hood for size & it is just hitting the muffler pipe at the moment but by the time i put the mount on i will make it a bit worse. so i may have to change put an elbow on the exhaust outlet to throw the muffler downwards.

That's a real shame it's not an 8HP as it was advertised. I based my reckoning of it fitting ok on that !.

Email sent.

Regards

neil

The decal that says its a 8hp looks like its original , it looks like it has been factory installed . Maybe it a factory reject due to having the wrong engine decal :thumbs:

Richard , I also bought it as advertised 8hp ,maybe thats why the geezeer that i bought it off desided to sell it on :wh: well i just hope that everything fits .

ChiefRider

What a nice looking engine- Almost a shame to use it! Is this a working tractor, or one that you'll just have fun with? It looks like it is unused, so I'm sure you will have good luck with it. This is probably over-kill, but if you are not in a rush to put this into service here is a suggestion. These engines seem to have a reputation for breaking connecting rods. If you are so inclined you could have the rod, cap and bolts deburred and checked for any faults. Like I said, just a thought.

neil

:hide: hi chiefrider, i bought the engine of that auction site , it is a brand new never been used engine It was listed as being a 8hp tecumseh engine with a decal on the cooling shroud saying it was 8hp , when it arrived i noticed it has HH100 stamped on the same cooling shroud :WRS:

i intended to put this engine on my 653 as i cannot get a h60 engine here in UK, but i think these engine is gonna be too big to sit under hood without cutting the hood. so i may use the engine now on one of my other projects, im just waiting for a engine mount plate to arrive from US so i can connect it all up

ChiefRider

Yeah, cuting the hood wouldn't be a good option. Nice engine though- I have an HH100 on my 1968 Charger. I'm very happy with it but parts are hard to find, and expensive when you do. I'm hoping I don't have any ignition or charging problems. Although I don't know the history, my HH100 is a 1971 replacement, as indicated by the engine numbers. One of those thrown rods?

I imagine it's a little harder to find the right US made engine over there?