Sign in to follow this  
bmwford94

Ice cream maker

bmwford94

I have always wondered if anybody has thought of the idea of hooking up an old fashioned churn ice cream maker to a wheelhorse. I have always thought of doing this upon finding a churn ice cream maker. After all it would work pretty good with the horizontal (-0) shaft engine.

Kelly

There is a Amish guy that comes to a local tractor show, and runs a ice cream maker and a wooden rocking horse for kids to ride with a old round hood that has a hit and miss engine in it, but it's painted JD green.

Gene_S

I have a friend in the Richmond Indiana area who makes ice-cream at tractor shows with a JD 110. He bought a 854 from me to have two of them making ice-cream at the same time. If I ever get a chance to get a picture of it I'll post it.

wallfish

Get'er going and bring it to the big show, I like vanilla :thumbs:

bmwford94

I've Been thinking about trying it. I just need a picture and an old ice cream machine. Thanks guys!

MaineDad

Here's a video of one on a Farmall Cub;

mr.pipes

In a free issue of "Farm Show" I received a couple of months ago there was a write up about a tractor-powered ice cream maker. The owner bought the freezer from an Amish community that had used a "hit and miss" to power it. It makes 5 gallons in about 45 min. He has it rigged with a thermometer and tachometer. He can tell from the drop in rpm's when it is getting close to done. :thumbs::wh:

The owner is willing to make garden tractor-powered ice cream freezers for others if there is enough interest. I am not sure if I should post his contact info but I will provide it in a PM to anyone interested.