Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

IT'S HERE

Kelly

All day at work I was chomping at the bit to get home to see if my engine showed up, well it's here, I wanted to bolt it to something and run fuel to it, but I'm going to wait till this weekend, I took it out of the box, and it's heavy so I had to weigh it, and it comes in at 140lbs dry, and no muffler, I planned to pull the oil filter to match it up, before adding oil, to my pleasant surprise it came with a complete engine gasket set and a extra oil filter, so I can match that one up, it even has a engine oil cooler on it, the oil filter is going to be a pain to get at, but probably only do it once a year, I think I might have to pull the belt guard to do it, I think it's going to fit pretty dam good, the brake pedal looks like it's going to clear, just, I will have to add a mounting plate to the frame, I have a spare one from a 520 I might use, I have a spare C-195 frame so I just had to see if it was going to fit, and it does, now a C-195 frame is longer than a reg. C frame, this would be a tight fit in anything else, might look good in a D though, the muffler will not fit, but I only bought the muffler to cut the pipes and flanges off, heck the muffler was only $20 more I can't make the flanges for that, the stock air cleaner will hit one side of the hood, but I don't plan to use the stock one anyway, more on that when the time gets here.

Now I didn't say much about this engine before because I bought it direct from China, and you know that could have ended up bad, I researched for about a month talked to the sales man, talked to US customers that bought from them, and so on, so I did it, I sent the money, the engine was cheap, shipping sucks, but even with shipping it was cheaper than I could buy it here for, and no one stocks them right now, the engine was $850 with the muffler, shipping was $680 still like I said cheaper than buying local, and the salesman was a dream to deal with, I would recommend them to anyone, They have all sizes too.

Anyway here are pictures I know you all like.

My box in the driveway

100_3501.jpg

It's even red

100_3504.jpg

100_3506.jpg

100_3507.jpg

Oil cooler

100_3508.jpg

extra gaskets, oil filter, and muffler, I think I'm going to use the gaskets to make better ones these are cheap.

100_3505.jpg

Inside, I checked 80% of the bolts to make sure they were tight, most were, some not.

100_3515.jpg

setting in the spare C-195 frame

100_3517.jpg

100_3518.jpg

Brake clears

100_3516.jpg

mavfreak

wow that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toejam

Hot! Hot! Hot!..... That is just tooooo much! Now set a hood on it... hahaha this is Sweet!

sgtsampay

Wow. That thing looks great! Wow, very nice.

dpm2000bolt

that looks really nice Kelly, I know you will like it once it is going... I am loving my 10 hp

Kelly

I had a hood on it, it only hits on the aircleaner I would have to trim about 3/4" off the edge, or bow it out about 3/4" but I have plans for a different set up, if the aircleaner was not there, I have about 6-7" of space.

c175inMA

Wow :D that things a beast!! :thumbs::wh: :D

Little_Red

That thing is incredible , cant wait to see done

corn53

:thumbs:

AMC RULES

WOW! That's a lot of :wh: tractors sitting right there. Is pretty sweet though Kelly, good luck with it. :thumbs:

dkopp

Saa-weeet! Looks like you have plenty of room for that beast. Just curious, but are you going to pull with this thing?

shorts

cool piece, I started researching the v twins and have not had any luck getting response from the local importers,would you please send me the info on who you delt with, contact name, phone number,email addy etc? thanks.

looking at the pictures it appears that the oil cooler lines come off of the filter housing and that the cooler can be remote mounted anywhere that's convienient. as for the oil filter location, you should be able to find a remote filter adapter at summit or jegs auto/speed parts and move the filter to a user friendly location. exhaust tubing and mandrel bends are available in ss and mild steel of different diameters and radius bends from the header manufacturers and/or specialty shops.

Shuboxlover

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

c175inMA

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

:wh::D :D

Horse'n Around

That just oozes cool, I bet its going to sound incredible too!

Horse-Drawn

very nice! we'll need video of that running! :thumbs:

smoreau

:wh: :thumbs: can't wait for some more updates!!

SAM58

:D :D:thumbs::wh::D

:wh::D:D 2B

Can't wait to see that beast in action....

Nick

Once had a link to twin cylinder diesel engine but cant find it now. Did come across a link to an EPA enforcement letter in 2000. At that time it says imported engines need an EPA label and engines imported without the decal could be subject to a $27,500 fine per engine. http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/ne...ert/engines.pdf

mavfreak

I'm guessing we won't be seeing much of you for awhile Kelly! I know if I was in your shoes it would look like I vanished off the planet! Have fun and do drop in and keep us updated!

tarcoleo

Check this-

Enjoy this awesome toy!

Tom in RI

Don1977

How about a up date on the Diesel.

SousaKerry

Hey Kelly,

You need anything for that monster machined let me know... well as long as I get a ride when it's done that is :hide: