Sign in to follow this  
chevy030303

k181 carb

chevy030303

i would like to know how to tune the carb so it will run and not die please and thank you

stevasaurus

i would like to know how to tune the carb so it will run and not die please and thank you

edmcmahondeadjohnnycarsondeadedmcmahondeathedmcmahondied3.jpg

Wait for it.......

Carnac.jpg

chevy030303

hahahahahahaha lol thanks :thumbs:

JimD

Chevy, I think what Steve is saying is that more information is needed. What engine and horsepower? Have you cleaned the carb? Has it been rebuilt?

Let's assume its a K301 for example. I did a search on "carb tuning" and found this thread:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...&hl=carb+tuning

The more information you provide in your post, the more information you will get in the replies. :thumbs:

Funny stuff Steve! :wh:

rmaynard

I believe it's the K181 (as noted in the title)

Chevy,

The biggest problem that occurs in these carburetors is dirt and corrosion on the inside.

First step is to remove the needle valves, and clean them. The main needle valve is usually the culprit. It is hollow, has many little holes in it, and can get clogged. All the holes and the inside of the needle need to be clean so that air can pass through them.

If that doesn't correct the problem, soak the carburetor in a good carb cleaner per the instructions on the product.

Then check the throttle shaft to see if you have too much play. Too much side to side play will allow too much air into the carburetor.

Always make sure that you have a good gasket seal between the carb and the engine.

You said that it dies, also check to be sure that the float valve is working properly and that the float is set correctly. Improper setting of the float will cause the gas to stop flowing and the engine will die.

As Jim said, check the thread on tuning, or read the section on tuning in the K-Series manual.

Good luck!

Coadster32

Ballpark to start is 2 1/4 out on main, and 1 3/4 out on idle. Make sure you have a clean carb, tank, and good delivery B-4 you bother. If you do get it running, using the choke a bit is an easy way to see if you're too rich/lean. Some carbs are seasonabley fussy, and some aren't. (just keep it in mind if in 3 months later it runs a bit different) Good luck.

chevy030303

ok thanks and its a 8hp kohler i will tune it in tommow thanks guys