Sign in to follow this  
Freebyrd1

Assistance needed

Freebyrd1

Hi all, this is a great site for those of us that need help. I got a Rainger 14 given to me that has been sitting around for years. I don't think it is charging. New Battary, amp guage, replaced a wire from the guage to the silinoid. The tractor cut the yard yesterday with no problems but the battary seems ot be getting low. The new guage doesn't show a charge. Any ideas? Thanks folks. :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Thirty miles south of Erie, where is that Venango, or Saegertown by any chance? I grew up in Meadville. Long ago and far away now. :thumbs:

Freebyrd1

I'm on the other side of 79, Conneautville. I'm scratching my head with the Raider 14. I bought a 314A with a plow before winter and put a lot of money into it and it ran great all winter, the idea I had was to get this one to cut the grass so I didn't have to change the blade for the deck. One for each job, and gave the deer away, so if I don't get the Raider right I'll have to change the blade anyway. I'm sure as good as this horse runs I can get it streightened out with the help of some of the pro's on Red Square.

bigd

test your stator leads for continuity to ground.the first step would be to put a vom meter on your battery with the engine running at full throttle voltage should be at least 12.5 volts.if you are lower than that check the stator leads.electrical problems are a pain but usually minor

can whlvr

i would post in the electrical area,one of the main causes of electrical problems are grounds,especially check the rectifier ground,i learned here to run a ground cable from the rectifier to ground on the battery,that solved my charging problem,if thats not it ask in the electrical section and you will get an expert to help you out,im sure it will be a minor problem,the gauge doesnt sound like its workimg at all but thats very common to these old girls