Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

Help 856

876wheelhorse

I have a 856 that you hit the key and nothing. It is like a dead battery but......I jump started it this morning to pull the roller ran great. It started once after that fine then stalled. It will not try to turn over now. I have tried to jump it and nothing at all. What are some test that i could do to it. This thing would fire up on the coldest of days this winter. It has a aftermarket key switch and solenoid on it........

I can spin the motor by hand so it is not stuck......

JimD

I'd start by cleaning the battery terminals and solenoid connections, while looking for corrosion on all other connections. Charge the battery for a few hours and see what happens, Also check to see that the starter isn't stuck in the engaged position. A weak return spring and dirt gave me a hard tine on one of mine. How old is the battery? May be time for a new one. Best of luck tracking down the trouble. :thumbs:

876wheelhorse

Well it is back running again........all i did was unhooked battery hooked it back up.....It fired right up after that...... must have been alittle dirty maybe or a connection maybe alittle loose........all i gotta say is i am happy she is going again....