Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Look what followed me home Tuesday

Horse'n Around

Its a 653 but it has a lot of mixed parts on it. Its been repowered with a K161S that runs well but needs a carb cleaning and a tune up. it is in need of some TLC but I have plenty of that to give! The hood is usable, the steering wheel is perfect, not a single crack, gouge or split to be found on it :D The trans is in really great shape as well.You can tell that it had been kept indoors pretty much for its whole life, the guy I bought it from is really nice, he had it for 16 or 17 years and it was kept inside the whole time he owned it. There isn't any rust to be found anywhere on it, even the fasteners that are original are rest free. The wheels are rusty but I'm 99.999% sure they came off something else because their condition doesn't match the rest of the tractor. It also came with 2 snow blowers too. One was on it when I got it, it looks to be in real good shape and works well and will clean up nicely and the other is the same model but its pretty darned rusty but with some work I think it could be put back in service, if nothing else its a good for parts which is always nice to have.

Since its a mix of parts I'm going to use a lot of them to fix up the Frankenhorse that Dad left me like the hood,gas tank,and drive belt guard. I'm going to reinstall the old parts from Dads tractor back on it so it will still be a running tractor. I cant stand to see a :wh: sit in pieces if I can help it

Here's some pics of it. Please forgive the cluttered cellar/garage/dungeon in the background of the tractor and snow blowers, it embarrasses me to have anyone see it like it is even in a picture :thumbs: Thankfully there are 2 big locking doors that are closed all the time except when I'm tinkering :D This place were renting is extremely tiny and in addition to my 4 Horses, it and the attic are being used to store all our still packed belongings that we don't have room for in the house. I'm not sure what they are called but the house is one house split in half down the middle making it 2 houses. I'm very thankful for the house and that we have a roof over our heads but were sure looking forward to buying a house that fits our needs (and all our stuff)... including a man cave of some sort :D

Newpics011-1.jpg

Newpics008.jpg

Newpics004.jpg

Newpics002.jpg

dclarke

Nice looking tractor John, those old round hoods are hard to beat. :thumbs: Good luck with it.

corn53

Nice addition!!!! :thumbs:

Kelly

Nice looking tractor, looks like it's been painted at one time, probably why it's not rusty, I'd love to have one of the old round blowers.

Horse'n Around

Thank you for the compliments, Im really happy with it, Im having a blast working on it. It kind of like opening a Christmas present. The tractor was the wrapped gift, but getting into it and working with it is like opening the present and playing with it :wh: Yup,it's been repainted. At some point the whole tractor was repainted. The person I bought it from is a really nice guy, he told me that about 16 yrs ago for a shop project in HS he repaired some damage on the hood then he painted the hood, fenders and belt guard a red with metal flake in it. If you look close at the pics you can see that its actually two different colors and you can see the metal flake pretty good on the hood in the pic looking down on the steering wheel That's ok, I can change that easy enuf :thumbs:

Duff

I'm not sure what they are called but the house is one house split in half down the middle making it 2 houses.

Duplex!

Nice looking tractor you got there, too!

~Duff :thumbs: :wh: