Sign in to follow this  
Buyerz

Wheel Horse C-111

Buyerz

Well, I recently decided to start restoring my Wheel Horse C-111 that my father bought in 1979. He rebuilt it in the in the late 80's, but as usual for any worker it just got scratched up again. Before I start on anything major, I want to know a few things about it. So, does anyone around here have one of these little tractors? How many of these were made? What's the reasoning of developing a tractor with such an odd horse power? ..and Finally, are there any specialty attachments that this tractor is capable of running (other than a plow and deck)?

:thumbs:

n1defan

:thumbs: :wh:

WH854

:thumbs: From what I can tell from the master model list the C-111 was only made 1 year 1979 (91-11B801). You can go to this site and put 91-11B801 you can find a lot of things about the tractor.

https://homeownersolutions.toro.com/portal/...ductDetailsPage

On a side note I think Briggs was the only company that made an 11hp engine.

Chas

Toejam

Can we get a picture of it? :wh:

rmaynard

Basically they were the same as the C-101, which had a Kohler engine. I'm not sure why they made some with Briggs & Stratton engines, but everything else was the same. So all accessories that fit the other C's also fit the C-111.

Kelly

I have a C-111 here but it's just a parts tractor, I've had another one but it's gone now.

rick

I have one, mechanically restored. It was my second WH, came with a 36" deck and a 42" snow/dirt blade. I keep the blade on it, chains and weights on the tires for the occasional pushing job. I had no problem plowing the snow (such as we had) off the 3/4 mile of drive we have.

rydogg

Just so happens I picked up one of these a couple days ago it came with a 42 inch rear discharge deck and a snowthrwoer. I just rolled it in the garage my plans were to pull out the 8 speed for my c160 that the axle shafts keep sliding out of. Not sure if it runs but the previous owner used it until he got a zero turn a couple years ago so it shouldn't take too much to get it going again. Here are a couple pictures.

wheelhorse063.jpg

wheelhorse064.jpg

panther

Well, I recently decided to start restoring my Wheel Horse C-111 that my father bought in 1979. He rebuilt it in the in the late 80's, but as usual for any worker it just got scratched up again. Before I start on anything major, I want to know a few things about it. So, does anyone around here have one of these little tractors? How many of these were made? What's the reasoning of developing a tractor with such an odd horse power? ..and Finally, are there any specialty attachments that this tractor is capable of running (other than a plow and deck)?

:woohoo:

I am also restoring a c 111 can you send a picture of the govoner linckig and of the filter :D

Daddy Don

Look at the one I am sitting on. It is a c-111 That I have redone. I put a 14hp kol on it and I would not take for it. I push snow till the garden and about everything else. It is a great tractor. If you change the engine like I did you will have to change the ing. switch also. All the safety switches are the same.

Good luck.

Daddy Don

The picture is the c-111 :woohoo:

Daddy Don

Go to My Assistant and type in c-111 restore and yu can see how I did mine.

Marv

The C111 was produced because KOHLER was on strike and could not supply an engine. Briggs had an 11hp and it was used to fill the gap. The following year (1980) Kohler was again available. Thus the C111 became a one year model.

Marv

• Like 1

TT

:banghead: Marv!

Care to explain the C-81, 101, 121, 141, & 161 models then? :thumbs2:

There was also a 1982 SB-421, a 1981 GT-2500, ("Anniversary Special") and a 1980 1100 Special that were essentially the same tractor. Kohler was definitely not on strike for those 4 consecutive years.

I bet the B&S powered C-111 was a marketing gimmick based on a reduced selling price due to the less-expensive engine.

Wheel Horse had been using that strategy long before 1980, and continued it right up through the WorkHorse models of '82 to '84.

Will G

I have a 1979 C-111 as well, will post a pic soon