Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

Paint color

littleredrider

Was looking thru the paint colors, and see the red is different from the older tractors to the 90 and newer. Want to repaint my 91 and put customs decals on it, but want to get right paint.

Is the shade different from new to old? Or not enough to worry about?? Black and silver is simple...

Attached Image

post-70-1303474205.jpg

can whlvr

paint colors are a huge can of worms,some people get the bodt shop to color match,some use toro paints,and some of us use paint off the shelf,ive used a few different colors,from rustolium,we call it tremclad up here,you have to do a little sampling for your self and choose what YOU like and dont worry about anyone else as its your tractor and you have to be the one one to like it

littleredrider

I got thinking bout it, wouldn't really matter what color is what if I'm gonna paint the whole thing. I do want to use the HVLP gun I have, works great on smaller stuff.

dgjks6

If you want OEM paint, they make OEM paint - in spray cans, quarts, and gallons.

Now finding the color is tricky.

I am not sure if all horese are the same color or not.

But here is a description of hpw to find the OEM color paint. I know there is a simpler way, but I can never do it - so I follow these 6 simple steps

1 - go to the Toro paster parts viewer

2 - enter your model number

3- click on buy parts

4 - in this screen click on "accessories"

5 - scan thru accessories and they will have a part number for the paint (will be listed as NLA or can't ship)

6-google search the paint number the reds are still available - the black and silver's I have not found