Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Deere question

Kelly

I have a buddy that just picked a Patio tractor, orange I know its a 69 or I think it is as the engine is white, it has a tucky in it, it's not in to bad of shape, still has the orig. orange seat but in poor shape but the pan is nice, has a newer yellow deck, he wants to resell it, I told him they are worth a bit of money, he's not looking to get rich, just don't want to give it away, at least it didn't get scraped, he owns the junk yard.

Any info would be great, I have the type and model no.s

B-8074

Check with RS memeber wovennut. I saw he has one in a post from earlier.

T-Mo

Kelly,

First off, go to WFM Tractor Registry Lookup and type in the model and serial number - on some patio models, it will come up in the registry as such (on the earlier ones, there was no way to tell by model and serial number). While you're there click on the "Model Info" tab and scrolled down the "Tractors" column on the left and then stop on the "Custom Colors". It will tell you more about the patio series.

The deck should be white if it's a patio deck. If it's yellow, then the deck isn't a patio model deck. Also, be sure there is no green paint under any of the sheet metal or hood. If the seat is in bad shape, that will reduce the value somewhat - the patio seats are VERY EXPENSIVE, if you can find one.

The patio tractors have a slightly higher value to them, but it has to be in decent shape still. There is currently an orange 140H3 patio on wfm and it's listed at $3500, but it's in great shape.

Kelly

This is a real patio tractor, the seat pan has the textered finish, white all over, and hood is orange inside and out, it's never been painted, but needs it, he is looking to get around $500 as it sets, that is what I told him it should be worth as is, he owns the local scrap yard and was cleaning up at a local farm, this sat in the weeds the owner bought it new, and thinks in one of the barns is all the other attachments that go with it, blade, blower, orig. deck but rusted out, if he finds them when cleaning my buddy gets them.

perry

the blue patio tractor i had was left for dead under a pine tree for many years. i got $450 for it in the condition i found it . not bad for a free tractor 1 mile down the road from me :thumbs: .

april14009.jpg