Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Axle end play

B-8074

How much end play is to much?

rmaynard

My 8-Speeds all have about 1/8".

B-8074

I don't know if it matters, but it's an Eaton 11 hydro on my C-175. I'll have to check it again. I think it's more than an 1/8". Atleast there is no up and down movement.

rmaynard

I don't know if it matters, but it's an Eaton 11 hydro on my C-175. I'll have to check it again. I think it's more than an 1/8". Atleast there is no up and down movement.

Sorry. I don't know anything about the Eaton's. My info is based on the Wheel Horse Uni-Drives.

stevasaurus

I would like to ask ...why are you asking??? do you have a problem, a noise, just curious. :thumbs: You are going to have a little play, and Bob is right...could be 1/8 - 1/4" easy...up and down should be minimal...no matter what transmission you have. :wh:

B-8074

Well I put her up on jack stands today because I'm fabbing up a sub-frame for a Johnson loader. I'll start a thread on that tomorrow. :thumbs: Anyhow, when I took the wheels off I noticed the end play and It seemed to be more than it should. There are no leaks and no up and down movement at all :wh: . Just thought I would ask about it while I had it up on the stands.