Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Latest Things.

sgtsampay

Hi all. First here is what i got a few days ago for a friend of mine. He would would like me to rebuild the tractor and then restore it. I don;t think that would be a real huge issue as the frame and such are in very good not rust shape and all of the parts missing are able to be found from a fellow member. So, here is what it looks like:

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

Also, here is my other new purchase is a nice condition dump trailer that I got fro $50. Also, I was able to use it today and I love it. Later this summer I hope to give it a nice paint job to make it look all nice. Also, I was able to finally use my GT Diesel. HEHE. Pulls great at low speed. LOL.

IMG_8535.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

W9JAB

:thumbs: :wh::D

Fine item

Nice money Pit

SAM58

I see a minimun of $600.00 - 1000.00 cost for engine, seat, battery, wheels & tires, spindles & tie rods, steering wheel and a bunch other parts you will not think of until you need them...

Or a long time finding cheap used parts.

You could find a complete tractor for less money to restore and use that one for parts.

not Impossible..... go for it. :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Well, I will be getting a price quote for the missing parts soon and then I will let him know the cost of this vs. the cost of finding a cheap tractor. If he doesn't wants this thing then I will strip it of the tranny and a few other parts and then get rid of the frame.

I do know that the tranny sifts and works fine. So, I guess we will see.

jpmcleod

I sure hate to see any Wheel Horse bite the dust but boy that one has already bittten. I believe it will cost a bunch to rebuild that one but if the pasrts are available at a good price, I guess I would consider it. I see a lot of work there.

Ken B

If it were a rare tractor that would be altogether different, in this case its a parts machine. JMHO.

dpm2000bolt

I see a great candidate for a diesel :thumbs: but wow needs alot more too.. I would say a parts tractor

dgjks6

Some people may see a parts tractor. I see a tractor that someone has already done most of the disassembly for you.

wheel horse tractor guy

Don't waste your time on that tractor it a parts machine. You can find a better tractor for lease then your going to put into that one. The tranny looks like it leaks it might need seals also. Good luck on your project. :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Well I just got all of the parts needed locally for $100. So that means I'm $200 so far in the hole and I got a snowplow with a future rolling chassis. So now here comes the fun part, finding an engine.

elixir20

Hey Bobby,

I know where there are a couple of 16hp Briggs... :thumbs:

Adam

sgtsampay

I bet you do. LOL. Nice to see you again BTW.

elixir20

Same here. I saw a lot of dirt on the running boards of that newly done up tractor ?!?

sgtsampay

yeah, I used it yesterday moving dirt around the yard. It was very muddy. LOL.

Nothing beats towing a 10Cf trailer full of wet soil with a diesel at idle in third gear. It jsut plan fun! Lots of low end torque..

420lse

As they say across the pond, "No problem, just a scratch or two, she'll be in Bristol shape around tea time". The parts look pretty clean, Good luck :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Thanks sir! I love how everyone says, just across the pond. LOL.