Sign in to follow this  
jmi3063259

12 HP Kohler engine problems

jmi3063259

I have a WH C-125 with a 12 hp Kohler engine on it. Was running fine then stopped running, I did the normal, check plug was not firing so then I checked and reset the points and that was when I noticed that the breaker rod that moves the points was not moving. I can move the rod by hand but when I crank the engine over the points do not move or the breaker rod does not move either. Any ideas what this is and maybe what the fix is? Thanks for all the help you can give me on this. Have a good day - Jim

WH854

Sounds like you may have a broken camshaft :thumbs:

Chas

daveoman1966

If it is a broken camshaft as suggested, I have a used one for replacement. Have other K301 engine parts too.

In n/w PA at zip 16433

send me a private email:

daveoman@windstream.net

jmi3063259

Solved my engine problem was the breaker cam rod that opens and closes the points, rod is made of aluminum and is made to wear instead of the cam wearing or even has broken as some suggested. Easy fix, removed the points cover, remove points, pull out pin, installed new pin,(a $8.76 part) installed and reste points, installed cover. Started right up on first turn over and runs great!

gwgdog66

Solved my engine problem was the breaker cam rod that opens and closes the points, rod is made of aluminum and is made to wear instead of the cam wearing or even has broken as some suggested. Easy fix, removed the points cover, remove points, pull out pin, installed new pin,(a $8.76 part) installed and reste points, installed cover. Started right up on first turn over and runs great!

:thumbs: Good to hear. I had one do me that way once. :wh: