Sign in to follow this  
byoung

Tri Rib Tires

byoung

where is the best place to buy some tri rib front tires. I have seen some on eBay they say 4.00x8 for around $40.00 then I have seen some on miller tire that say 16x6.5x8 and they are almost $100.00. what's the best tri rib and the best place to buy? Thanks Brian

Kelly

Miller tire is the only place you can buy the firestone 16x6.5x8 tri ribs and they are about $160 with shipping, I buy most of my little 4.00x8 tri ribs off ebay I think it is also Miller tire, but I have sa few diff. brands, I highly recommend the Deestone brand they cost a bit more but are a very nice tire, I think with shipping around $65 a pair.

buckrancher

K-marrow for 4.00x8 on e-bay

miller tire only for 16x6.50x8( made for them) tri ribs

Brian

Coadster32

K-marrow for 4.00x8 on e-bay

I agree with Brian. That's where I get mine. They ususally ship with tubes also. :thumbs:

byoung

how tall are the 4x8 and will they fit on a standard wheel horse wheel. my 414 front wheel shows 6.50 on the width.

boatman

:thumbs: I have the 4.00x 8 tri ribs on my 416-8 and they are great in garden.

They fit on the regular rim and were only $52.00 on ebay. If you want

the 6.50x8 miller tire is where you have to go. They are on ebay for

$140.00 plus shipping.

RCTruckDaddy

Do you have to tube tri-ribs on a stock rim?

Kelly

Wow you put a 4.00x8 tire on a wide rim from a 416 I bet that stretched it some, the 4.00x8 tires fit the old narrow C series and raiders and charger rims and they fit the newer tractor just fine,

Trouty56

I definitely would tube the 4.0/8 tires. The stock rims are only 4 inches wide...well mine were. The 4.0/8 tires are not very wide at the beads when you get them.

I have a C-160 though.

Kelly

Stock rims from about 75/76 back are the narrow rims about 3 3/4" wide the newer rims are 5 3/8" wide the 4.00x8 tire are made to fit a rim no wider than 4" and if you get the cheap ones they are even narrower, the beefiest tri ribs I have found are made by Deestone the other brands are smaller, I know I have a few sets, I only buy the Deestones now, much nicer tire.

RCTruckDaddy

Ok thanks guys. I've been looking at a set of Deestones. Guess I'll order them. :thumbs:

byoung

Thanks guys all the info helps a lot.

JC 1965

Wow you put a 4.00x8 tire on a wide rim from a 416 I bet that stretched it some, the 4.00x8 tires fit the old narrow C series and raiders and charger rims and they fit the newer tractor just fine,

:wh: Kelly, I have a 1971 Raider 12, it has 16x6.50x8 tires on it now. Can I use the Deestone 4.00x8 tri ribs on it? I was reading yours and the other posts on the subject, but to be honest i got a little confused. Any help would be much appreciated. :thumbs:

WheelHorseSteve

Go with the 16x6.50-8s from Miller Tires... you won't be disappointed with them. Here are some pics from this past weekend -- sorry for the poor picture quality:

wh_kids.jpg

wh_kids2.jpg

These Firestones are 4-ply and pretty tough to mount (STRONG sidewalls). They turn like a road bike... very easily.

Martin

i have the early rims and therefore went with the 4.00x8's. i got these through k-morrow and just received them today. they dont have them as deestone in the ebay listing, but when i received them i was pleasantly surprised that they are deestones and i can see that they are indeed a very nice tire. theyre gonna look great on the 1054......

CIMG0715.jpg

CIMG0714.jpg

WheelHorseSteve

So just had a thought... a point of comparison for your decision. That trailer has 4.00x8 tires on it... you can see the size difference. I'd be surprised if those narrower tires would even fit on the wider front rims of your tractor... somebody here mentioned they would with tubes? (seems the bead would be totally stretched?)