Sign in to follow this  
Forest Road

Front tires

Forest Road

I'm shopping for new tires on a 312-8. I have 8" rims and am torn between the firestone tri-rib or an ag. I understand that the tri ribs steer very nicely. Anyone w/ ags up front please chime in. How do they steer vs the standard turf tires.

Its a considerable savings by going w/ the ags. BUT the steering is the question.

I push dirt and snow with this machine. tearing up the lawn isn't an issue.

Thanks

Kelly

I have the Firestone tri ribs, LOTS of money, I have them on a 520 with steering gear reduction, and I can turn it with one finger, they are taller than 16" if I remember right, a tad over 17" and I mounted them on wide rims 5 3/8" wide I believe, same as yours, another thing I'm upset with is they are weather cracking after a year, it sets out from time to time, but is in the barn 70% of the time, and for the money I'm not happy about it, if it was 5 or more years I guess, but not a year, the rears are 5 years old with NO weather checking.

Here is mine

100_3054.jpg

Sodaking27

Kelly,

Where did you get the replacement seat on your 520. I'm looking for a replacement for mine.

littleredrider

And what size are the rears???

B-8074

I've had Ags on the front since the end of summer and I don't think they are hard to steer. I like them, I get plenty of traction.

Duff

I've got ags on one of my 312-8's and it steers very nicely. No extra effort and certainly better traction!

312-82finished004.jpg

Duff :thumbs:

Forest Road

Thanks guys. For less than 1/2 the price of tri ribs I went for the ags. Pretty sweet deals on them. Hope to habe it all together in a couple weeks. the anticipatedd rain isn't helping any.

keg

i have aggs on my 314-8 that all i use it for is tilling and pushing. i found a set of wheel weights bout 20lb apiece for the front i have no prob with stering at all :thumbs:

can whlvr

the ags look mean,i want them on all my tractors,but i want alot of things,really nice lookin machine duff,great job