Sign in to follow this  
wovennut

Wheel Horse Logo

wovennut

Does anyone know how you go about getting permission to be able to use the Wheel Horse logo to do printing on tees and hats for resale.

mr.pipes

It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. I would say you need to contact Toro. One member tried to get permission to use the logo from Toro. He said they were nuts. I am guessing they wanted stupid money for the rights. I don't know for sure but you could ask and let us know.

I believe I have read on here that people have been "asked" to stop selling WheelHorse shirts at the show that were made without permission.

wovennut

We gave them a call but they haven't returned our call yet. Would like to do some spring shows.

MalMac

About 10 years ago I contacted Toro to get permission to do just what your after. I knew that the Wheel Horse Logo was a registered logo that Toro had accuired along with the purchase of Wheel Horse. I know that sounds stupid but sometimes when corp. are bought sometimes the logo has a separate trademark registration.

Anyway I talked with the head of PR and they told me I had to submit a letter of request along with the image I wanted to use. They then would take my request before the board for a approval or rejection. They did approve my request and issued me a letter of approval signed by the head of PR, advertising,legal department head and the CEO.

That was before Toro stopped the making Wheel Horse it maybe different now. They might not care anymore. I would sure check because when I made the first call they told me they would prosecute for unauthorized use of the registered trademark. I was lucky that the permission does not expire. Anyway I would still check they may care they may not, but I don't think a shirt or hat with Wheel Horse on it worth a year or two in jail.

neil

i would just plead ignorance and just get on and do it besides we would be kinda promoting there products really in turn giving them more business.

i think plenty of other people have used the logo

if anyone says anything you could say that the logo wasnt used for financial gain and was on the shirt as a free gift but the shirt/ hat is what you are paying for. :wh:

I printed my own shirt with the iron on transfer thingy as we cant get anything like it here in the UK , it was a picture of the front page of the manual for the rj58 it looked great lots of people commented on it .

But just go a head and print the shirts anyway, (Just my opinion someone else would disagree) :thumbs: :D

Kelly

If your making one or even a few for yourself, I'm sure that is not a problem, to sell and profit from, you might end up in jail, there is no more WH, so you would not be promoting their product, even if you said I'm dumb I had no idea??? it could still cost you big $$$ in court cost to get out of it, I personally would want a letter in hand when selling them.