Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Wow. I got a great deal!

sgtsampay

Hi all. As some of you know i have been looking for a good deal on a snowblower. Well, I came across a wheel-horse two-stager 1995 blower that was used twice and then sat since then.

I called the guy. If the blower Monday Night then he is fine with me taking it for $150. Yeah, that right, $150 bucks. LOL. I saw the pictures but was unable to see if everything was there but I do know that most of it is and worst comes to worst, I'm missing a few pieces, but thats nothing IMHO. Also, if I do get it, I will repaint it check everything over. Also, everything does move, so its not like anything is frozen. Wow. Even if this doesn't work out, I still got debs on another great deal. :thumbs: Heck, for this price, I may grab both blowers as I know a friend who is looking for a 2 stager also. HEHE.

stevasaurus

Bobby...there is an excitement in your post...very cool. :thumbs: It would be nice if all the parts were there...nice find and good luck. :wh:

stevebo

Sounds to me like you need to get it now and not wait until Monday. Those have been selling in the first day or 2 for sale....

sgtsampay

I kidna can't due to work.. Hmm. The gears are turning now..

Horse-Drawn

I found one of those last summer & the guy wanted 100.00 for it. I told him I'd pick it up the next morning. He called me that evening & said the price went up to 400.00 because "other people" had offered him more for it. I told him to sell it to them. :wh: I hate when guys agree to a deal & then want to renegotiate it before pick up. I'd grab it ASAP if I were you...Great deal :thumbs:

dgoyette

Cool! :thumbs:

Kelly

I say don't wait, find a way to get it soon, it might not be there, seen it happen way to often.

dpm2000bolt

Bobby monday is very late.. work is stopping you that stinks but will also stink if the price goes up too.. I think you sound sick and should not go to work LOL... go get it

sgtsampay

Thanks guys LOL. My boss will allow me to take that day off if i agree to work late come Friday and Saturday. I said sure and now I will go get it first thing Monday, the guy said it its still here tomorrow night then it mine. HEHE. I really hope this turns out well, as even with $100 in gas that $250 for a snowblower that seems in fair condition. I think it won't take much to get it restored and even if it does, then thats fine as i have had much experience with that lately...

dpm2000bolt

Thanks guys LOL. My boss will allow me to take that day off if i agree to work late come Friday and Saturday. I said sure and now I will go get it first thing Monday, the guy said it its still here tomorrow night then it mine. HEHE. I really hope this turns out well, as even with $100 in gas that $250 for a snowblower that seems in fair condition. I think it won't take much to get it restored and even if it does, then thats fine as i have had much experience with that lately...

HEHE Bobby where is it at i will go get it for you tomorrow.. :thumbs: just kidding but I am sure it would go :wh: I am sure it will go nice on the diesel hope you get it

JoeMonag

Bobby, that is a great deal, I paid $700.00 last year for a '97 two stage. I was able to down load the operating manual and parts manual, from Toro. If you can't get them from the Toro site, e-mail me at: JoeMonag@aol.com, and I'll ssend you the file.

I have had a two stage walk behind since 1994, and plow on a 310-8 for snow clearing my 400' paved driveway. This season I put the 44" 2 stage on my 416-8, with a freshly rebuilt engine, and I have to tell you it was awesome. And BTW it is sweet to be sitting down as I clear the snow. This year here in SE Mass. we had a total of 75 inches of snow, the unit did not disappoint me.

I did have to add about 100 lbs. of weight on the rear hitch, as my massive (lol)150lb. frame combined with 55lb.cast iron wheel weight son the rear tires, was not enough to counter balance the 380 lb. two stage attachment, in the lifted position.

You will find the two stage unit, is built to a heavy duty/ industrial grade standard, that should last a life time with a little maintenance.

Good luck Bobby, Joe in Norton

sgtsampay

Thanks sir! Now lets just see if I can get this little guy. :thumbs: I can;t wait to see a 2 stager on a 10.5hp diesel. HEHE.

sgtsampay

Well, someone else beat me to the kill. O, well. There will be another somewhere. :thumbs:

Kelly

You have to jump on CL ads, most sellers will sell to the first one with money, I kinda understand because so many people call or email I'll take it, hold it for me, but never show up.

JC 1965

:wh: Sounds like a great deal. For that price you can't go wrong. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

Jim_M

Kelly's 100% correct, happens all the time.

It's not a great deal until it's in your hands, up until then it's potentially a great deal..

sgtsampay

Yeah, I lost out on this one... O well. Thanks guys. Its so hard when things are 8 hours away.

can whlvr

its hard when they are 20 minutes away,since the kijiji and craigslist and what ever add sites have popped up it increases the amount of people seeing the add,ive drove a couple hours to pass the guy that bought the item i wes PROMISED,its never yours till your out the drive

Kelly

And as has been said here before, don't post about a good deal till it's in your hands, we have members that will swoop in and buy it out from under you, with 4000+ members not ever one of them has the best morals.

sgtsampay

Yeah Kelly, I will not repeat the same mistake. Thanks guy for everything.

hobie

Sorry it didn't work out. I don't even think about stuff more than 2 hrs away. Well I think about it, but...I'd love to buy the d-180 in western NY, but I can't handle those logistics with my schedule. I feel your pain. Brian