Sign in to follow this  
dunk50

Kohler Series II 24363 17hp OIL PRESURE SENDING UN

dunk50

I am told I need a 30# oil presue sending unit. anyone have a modern part number.,

pfrederi

Are you running a gage or an idiot light?

The idiot light use a much lower pressure to trigger (+/- 5lbs) and they are available from Stens and others cheap. I had to replace one on my Magnum 18.

None of my KT17s have an idiot light or gage. If you have a gage then the sending unit and gage must be matched. You would be better off buying a complete gage (Sunpro I have used on My D200 and old farm Case tractors) I actually prefer the mechanical ones.

dunk50

NOPE NO GAUGE, They are idiot lights but I was told that the sending unit is a 20# to 25# or you get a flashing oil light on the KT17. Maybe someone at the show tomorrow will have what I need!! Mentone

pfrederi

The Series II and Magnum twins had identical oiling systems. Says oil pressure would range between 25-50 lbs. If you have a 20-25 lbs switch the light will come on alot (think idle while warm).

The pressure switch isn't addressed in the KT service manual but it is in the Magnum 18.

It activates at around 3lbs. It is just to tell you the system has failed, hopefully in time for you to shut it down.

Kohler # is 25 099 27S

d8ed95128251335.jpg

dunk50

Paul, the previous owner says he put a new sending unit in this motor and ever since then the dash light has blinked constantly. My question is where can I get the right one???

Quote from previous Onwer "I think the oil light is electrical. I think it is actually in the switch itself. Last year, the oil pressure switch went bad and I replaced it. Ever since, it has blinked. I wasn't sure what those lights meant as I don't have a manual. I checked oil level and I haven't lost any power since, so I chalked it up to electrical." end quote:

So again, where can I get the correct switch?

mr.pipes

Ebay

Amazon

Mow Town Usa

Lawn Mower Parts Store

PressureParts.com

Muttonmowerparts.com

pfrederi

The switch is cheap less than $10 so just trying a replacement isn't out of the question. (Just like some of the mechanics in my motor pool days...throw parts at it till it works.)

You could grab your multi meter and run a couple of quick tests. Disconnect the wire and with the engine running check for continuity between the terminal and the engine block. (should be open)

With engine and ignition off remove the wire and check for continuity between wire end and ground. (There may be short in the wiring.)

I had to replace the switch on my Magnum 18 as it started squirting engine oil right at the muffler....made a lot of smoke....New one was a stens on the shelf at local dealer for about 6-7 bucks.