fdsinozich

C-120 auto

fdsinozich

I need to adjust the brake on my C-120 automatic, but my unit doesn't match the diagrams I have and have found on line. Am I missing something?

Also, the brake pedal lays on the floorboard. It seems there should be a return spring. The spring in the diagram looks like it would be too small and I can't see a place to hook it. I see the hole on the shaft that goes in the elongated slot, but I don't see where it would hook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

Trouty56

I have a 75 C-160 Auto. For my tractor the brake controls the deceleration of the hydro drive system. Under the cover in front of the seat on the left side is a plate with a triangular hole cut into it. The brake rod is connected to it at the rear. A part from the motion selector rides in the triangular hole. In the front of that plate is a small hole for a spring. Now where does the spring connect to?? There is a bolt end in the front bottom of this compartment that is under a rod that makes it a bugger to get to. :thumbs:

If anybody else can describe this better please do.

fdsinozich

Thanks, Bob.

I'll look for that hole under the rod. The hole where my rod connects in there is not triangular, but the concept sounds the same.

Thanks again,

Frank

Trouty56

Sending you an email.....

TT

1000 words worth:

071209007-1.jpg

:thumbs:

Trouty56

Thanks TT....yes a 1000!! :thumbs:

Nice followup!!

squonk

I mounted an external spring on the pedal rod and fastened it to the rear of the tractor to get the pedal to return. It works great.

fdsinozich

Once again, thanks, guys!

Frank

oldredrider

Now that the spring mount locations are identified, what is the best way to attach the spring? I've got two tractors with floppy pedals!

fdsinozich

Spring hooks, one pull and one push, are invaluable. My brother worked on electronic equipment with tiny springs years ago and kept the hooks. I don't know if they are still available.

Good luck,

Frank

Roanoke, VA

timmy b

I mounted an external spring from the pedal to the rearmost horizonal battery mounting rod...it works perfect. The locations in the diagram are a bugger to get to.