Sign in to follow this  
rick

Got a garden plough

rick

I tried to find the answer with search, but I couldn't "ask" the right words.

I found a 10" garden plough "Craftsman" by Brinly on CL for a nominal sum and brought it home. I am curious as to which tractor would be best to pull it with, the 314-8 or the 416-H? The clevis hitch is on the the 314-8 now, and I am leaning that way. I don't know if pulling the plough with the hydro is the right thing to do.

Wheel weights and Ag tires are a given. I also have a front weight.

Also, where should I start with the adjustments on the clevis hitch? The plough came with the original manual, so I am good there.

The last ploughing I did was with a TO30 and 2-14s.

Thanks,rick

can whlvr

i have not pulled my brinly with my hydro,but ive read here that it gets pretty hot if you do,im going to stick with the gear drive for the bottom plough

rick

Thanks, Don. That's what I remember reading, too.

dpm2000bolt

I have a 12" and pull it with my 8-speed diesel and love it never had it on the hydro but now I will not try, glad I know why not too. thanks Don

6wheeler

I've pulled them with both and IMO I like the 8 spd better. The hydro I had was a green one and it didn't overheat but then I wasn't plowing 10 acres either. I like my 8 spd because I can change gears if I need to. I plow 3 gardens each about 50' by 120'. I use the 120 to plow, disc, and cultivate and it works w/o issue.