Sign in to follow this  
fdsinozich

hour meter replacement

fdsinozich

The hour meter has gone wild on my C120 and I would like to replace it. Any suggestions as to where to get one? I have found digital and quartz ones on line, but the original would look better.

Thanks,

Frank

rmaynard

When in doubt, check eBay. There are currently several new and used ones listed.

fdsinozich

Thanks, Bob. They are a little out of my budget, I'll go with the generic from Northern tool.

tmessenger

Thanks, Bob. They are a little out of my budget, I'll go with the generic from Northern tool.

I have one on a C-175 I'm parting out, I need to check it out and see if it works.

mr.pipes

Is there any way to reset the type of hour meter on a wheel horse. Not for shady used car salesman purposes but maybe when replacing an engine or whatever.

Red Horse

Yes, there is. If your hour meter is of the old Hobbs design then you can carefully pry up the bezel very gently a little at a time. When you have removed the bezel you can take apart the whole unit and gently reset the hour meter working from the left side to the right. Once you have reset your meter ,recrimp the bezel and you're in business! The newer WH or Toro mowers don't allow for a reset on the current model hour meters. Good luck.