Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

My first ride on my Raider :)

Horse'n Around

Well it was really nice out today (mid 80's) so I rolled the Raider outside to start it for the first time since we moved here. I had rewired it and the engine was running great before I moved to PA but the trans was toast. I got a nice trans from Jordan so this is the first time I actually have been able to take it for a ride. Before winter I drained all the gas out and ran it dry so I put in some fresh gas in it and as usual it started immediately and idles nice and smooth. After I let it warm up I put the clutch in and gently eased into gear and and off I went. After running it thru all the gears, I put it in Low range. Wow, I cant get over how slow these go in low. It ran really great, I'm so happy to actually get to drive and not push it!

Please excuse how dirty it is....I feel ashamed because it is still absolutely covered with nasty road grime from the 2000+ mile trip from Arizona that it made in the bed of my pickup that was being towed on a trailer behind the 26ft diesel moving truck. I wanted to wash it but I found out that there is no water spigot in the yard to hook a garden hose so as soon as I can buy a trailer, Im going to treat it to a trip to the car wash for a good cleaning:) It felt so good to hear it run and actually get to drive it :thumbs:

Ok enuf of my babbling. Heres a couple pics I took today.

John

PS, the rear wheels on the Raider are off on the 702, I had to put them on because the wider original wheels made it too wide so I couldn't get it out of the garage past what we have stored so I put the 702 wheels on it and it just squeaked by. I have some Ags on the 702 for now.

Newpics064.jpg

Newpics065.jpg

Newpics066.jpg

Pollack Pete

Nice tractor.Love those Raiders.I have a 14....it's one of my favorites.Wait a minute,I think all of mine are my favorites.I know what you mean about that low range.Turtle speed.

Suburban 550

John, glad to see you had it out and runnin' and the tranny is workin' good. :thumbs: It was a beautiful day yesterday.

corn53

:wh: Nice, I`ve gotta get mine running again!!! Governor gear tab broke. :thumbs:

whfan74

The Horse looks fantastic John! :thumbs:

I can just imagine how proud you are to finally be able get your tractors "home" and enjoy working them out in the yard.

For some reason I have a feeling that your stable might just grow a little this year! :wh:

JC 1965

:wh: I have a Raider 12. I really like it. It's a real worker. Yours looks to be ion **** condition. :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

Thank you for the compliments everyone. It started as a Raider 10 but the engine was missing parts and I had a good 12 HP so I installed it. There's no replacement for displacement right??? :thumbs: It was so nice to finally drive it, Im really happy with it. Funny you should mention that Scott, Ive been saving up so Im going to the Big show in Biglerville with some extra frog skins in my wallet and an empty truck bed (except for a tent camp with)and hopefully a trailer if I get one in time. I want to buy a tractor or two or three or.... that I cant live without :wh: as well as parts for the Frankenhorse 502/702 that Dad left me. I needing a hood,gas tank and steering wheel for it plus some other goodies. Hopefully Ill be able to snag some attachments for them too. Im going to be like a kid in a candy store (or Margo in a Coach handbag outlet store) I cant wait :D Im looking forward to meeting yall!

John