Sign in to follow this  
wh79d160

D deck on a 417

wh79d160

:wh: I have a D deck I want to put on my 417-8. Has anyone tried this. What changes would I have to make? :thumbs: in advance

ol550

Have only went the other direction. On the D series the front hitch assembly was used to tension the belt. So that would need to be changed. Add a mule drive. Add the belt. Level the deck and wait for the rain to end. Mike

jdog_kustoms

the front peice of the caradge and the to rubber bum,pers need changed and it is a direct fit the same decks and rest of caradge is the same i have done it a bunch of times

wh79d160

Will the carriage from my 42" deck off the 417 fit in place of the D carriage on the D deck? :thumbs:

jdog_kustoms

yes it will all you need is the front bar and the 2 side peicesits a matter of 2 9/16 bolts and your back in buisness and keep the parts you take off then you can put the deck on either tractor

wh79d160

AWESOME! :thumbs: :wh:

Shuboxlover

Tom, I think I have extra carrier parts from a shelled out deck. If the donor deck you are going to use is a good one (and don't want to tear it apart) I'll give you the stuff you need.

Let me know

wh79d160

Thanks Tyson. That project is on my list this week. I'll see what I'm up against & let you know. :thumbs: