Sign in to follow this  
floor-it

Make room for more WH attachments!

floor-it

I needed to make more room in the 3-car garage for tractors & attachments and decided to purchase this Racor Heavy Lift. It will lift and store up to 250 lbs when loaded evenly. This is a conservative rating, especially if you are an engineer and can relate to the hardware and to the ceiling joists that are to be used.

If you only have 2"x 4" ceiling joists/truss then the 250 lb rating is a maximum. However, mine is built with 2"x 8" joists in this location so I can easily go to 300 or 350 lbs if loaded uniformly.

I assembled and installed this Racor Heavy Lift yesterday in about 5 hours. Locating the studs thru a double 5/8" fire code drywall was the hardest part as my stud finder is 25 years old and would not provide accurate readings. Here is when I simply went into the garage attic and measured.

Shown in the pictures is the install and finally the last photo shows the 42" WH snow blower. I will add 5/8" plywood so that the load gets distributed more evenly and so that I do not bend the steel bars on the platform.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m504/GRF_57/

:thumbs:

Gary

mr.pipes

DSC023442.jpg

DSC023472.jpg

DSC023482.jpg

DSC023492.jpg

whfan74

Looks good! That should definitely help with storage and prevent you from tripping over it all summer! :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Now that is cool!

floor-it

One more important fact! I purchased this unit from Amazon for $142 with no sales tax and free shipping.

:thumbs:

Gary

dclarke

I like it, that will definitely give you more floor space. :thumbs: