Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

help with plow

dgjks6

So I bought a like new plow 3 years ago. I knew nothing at the time and just used it. Later I figured out there was a wear blade that could be replaced. One of the bolt holes was worn through at this point, so I used a washer to hold the edge on in this hole.

Today I unmounted the plow and was going to get rid of the rust and I noticed this after removal of the edge:

DSCF7229.jpg

DSCF7230.jpg

DSCF7231.jpg

DSCF7232.jpg

DSCF7233.jpg

The pictures don't do the problem justice. The middle portion of the blade is bent in. This prevents the wear edge from mounting flush. Can this be fixed or should I look for a new one?

mr.pipes

You are not he first one to wear through the holes and you wont be the last. As far as fixing the bends, I don't think I would worry about it much. You try to bend it your self if a section is really bad. I don't think you will able to get it perfect. Then just get a new edge and keep an eye on it from now on. But that is from what I see in the pics. It doesn't look that bad to me and you obviously bought it to use it.

mavfreak

You can try straiting it with a hammer the best you can but don't use any heat cause that will weaken the metal. like pipes mentioned put on a new wear blade and keep an eye on it. When I had a new blade on my truck many years ago I was amazed at the damage after one season of use but it still did the job even being bent up. If your going to use it just be more gentle with it and keep an eye on it.

can whlvr

there was a post a while back about straightning these blade,i dont know where it is but a few ideas from that post were,use a bottle jack in the middle of the plow with a chain that goes under the jack and attach each end of the chain to the outside edges of the plow and jack up the jack,you may need to put a peice of plate metal inbetween the jack end and the plow,put it under the outrigger of a backhoe,drive a truck on the centre of it,there are more,ant remember the rest

that blade doesnt look too bad,u should see mine,still works good